Stryker M1113 MEV

Hi all

a quick update, been working on the Miles 2 combat simulation system the assmebly was straight forward and without hitches, the nato green was a mix of relfective green and olive drab in a ratio of 2:1

P1090752.jpg

P1090751.jpg

plenty more to come

shane

Hey, LongLance, are you now in the painting stage ? ???

What about the hull, mate? It´s been painted or not? :) Show it to us!
RG

- Cheers Chris

- Schweinhund, i do try :p

- Jelly, i havent left out the hull, its currently under going its priming coat

Build Update:

the hull is getting its black priming/undercoat before the green goes on. As im doing this with a paintbrush it takes time, but this what ive gotten done over the last couple of nights

P1090757.jpg

the mev is pictured beside trumpeters finished RV variant

P1090766.jpg

P1090767.jpg

P1090768.jpg

in time i hope the MEV will look like this one is did eariler LOL ;)

P1090759.jpg

P1090762.jpg

Oh p.s what are you all going as for holloween lol ?

shane

:D BRAVO, LongLance, that finished AFV looks SUPERB :D

Is that another Trumpeter one?

If the currently build is going to give us another AFV like the one you´ve shown us, it´s a truly great build, LL,

Thanks -a lot- for sharing the current & the finished one, :D
RG

-Hi Jelly, thanks very much for kind words mate,

yip your right on the money, that is indeed a trumpeter kit its the M1127 RV

hopefully the MEV will turn out just a good, im using all the lessons learned on the REV build to get the best finish on the MEV

cheers Buddy

shane

no ab? .. i know how that is not having one kinda turned me away from modeling for years.

looking forward to seeing some color on this sucka

-Spud im adfraid not, dont have the cash to pick one up so all my projects a brush painted

Started painting already :D.....This will turn out first class Shane ,your brush painting looks very smooth and even ! And the other finished one looks great buddy ;)

Chris.

Thanks Chris

had the day off today, so been making the most of it getting the undercoat down on the hull, should have the first base coat of my nato green mix down later this evening if all goes well

What a surprise, Shane,

The painting in the finished vehicle seems AB´ed... it looks awesome... it seems painted with an AB, literally...

So you must be really highly skilled in brush painting...

Am I wrong making out that the primer is just Black Model Color? Diluted? If so... how diluted?

The same question would go for the Nato green... diluted?

How many coats?

Hand brushing: double credit to you, Shane, that´s really great. ;) ;)
RG

ya hats off to shane for is brush painting. the other afv looks realy good. you should look into getting a set shane just pay a bit off every week or so at your lhs rather than buying the full setup.

either way its looking fine

Hi Jelly

thanks so much for your kind words mate, they mean a lot :)

as for the undercoat, i sometimes use games workshop choas black spray can, but for a lot of my builds i use just model colour black thinned with normal tap water, the ratio i use isnt a set measurement by any means i more so do it by eye, what i do is dip the brush into my water jar and then mix into my paint, mornally its around 80 - 85% paint to about 20 -15% water. As if you add to much water the paint will flood your model and gets very messy :(

the handist way to do it, i find is to add tiny amounts of water into your paint till you get the paint to flow just so slightly........thats normally the mixure ratio i use

oh as for layers i normally add 3-4 layers minium

hope this helps mate

Spud,

whenever i get the money ta, ill pick one iwata's AB and compressor sets in the future

thanks for your support mate

shane

Just a quick progress report,

have begun painting the hull nato green and should have the photos of it the painted hull up soon

cheers

shane

Latest posts

Back