Stryker M1113 MEV

longlance67

cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war -shakespear
Howdie :)

kicking off my first build on the site ill be tackling Trumpeter's new MEV ;D
with a few extras including resin wheels and crew figure from legend productions
P1090462.jpg

opening the box you will find: seven grey spures, upper & lower hull, 1 clear spure, 2 small etch sheets, 8 rubber tyres, decal sheet, instructions and two paper sheets containing ration boxs ect

P1090464.jpg

with all that aside, lets get stuck in :p

as with all armor kits the build starts with the suspension and ruuing gearthis i found to be fairly tricky process which can wrong quick enough if the instructions arnt checked every few minutes.....i made a few mistakes due to this :eek: which had to be corrected and cleaned

after a few hours of assembly and swearing the suspension was in the bag
P1090488.jpg

P1090489.jpg

P1090487.jpg

thats all for now gents,
see you all soon

shane :)

Shane ,Good to see ya started already buddy . Nice choice of kit too . I look forward to seeing another of your blogs ,its been a while !

Did you get my PM mate ?

Chris.

Hiya Chris :)

glad to have onboard, i did get your PM thanks for your warm welcome its great to see some familar faces

check your inbox too PM sent :)

shane

you building this out the back :p

good start shane be interesting to see how good the fit is on this

- Chris, not sure whats wrong ive tried to send two PM's to you but to no avail, but not to worry bud ill soon figure it ;D

- Spud, great to have you along, actually i am building out the back hehehe :p I have my work space in the shed which is my escape :) well till freeze hits :(

thank you all for kind words lads

shane

Did you ever finish that Normandy viginette ,the hedgerow one ?

Chris.

It kinda evolved into a slightly different scene, i dropped the hedgerow and replaced it with wall section and a crashed kuble wagon, i see if i have any photos of it left, as i dont have it any more

ill see if i can find it to show it to you

shane

Cool ;D , would love to see it ,just interested how it worked out for you ,it was coming on nicely .

Chris.

Found only a few pictures of that build, i decided to leave out the kuble as the base was much smaller than i first thought, hope you enjoy

P1080588.jpg

thats all for the night gents,
have a half seven start for college in morn :-\

see you again soon

shane :)

SHANE,

Nice start !! The suspension looks Cool !! I'm lookin forward to seein more !!

Welcome to th HERD !

Also .... Seeing this build ..... to you have another AFV in th stash ? We have a Group Build starting in October - War Wheels ... Would love for you to Join in ! It's not a contest ... Just some Down Home Model Building with th Buds around th 'Ol 'Puter !!

I'll keep My Eyes peeled for th next installment !!

Howdie.

Thank you for all your comments they mean a lot cheers :)

-Panzerace , ill be getting ESV verson of the stryker come time during November, so if thats within the time frame for the group build i'd be happy to take part ;D

quick update:

This arrived in the post today ;D
P1090597.jpg

this my first Legend production kit ive ever ordered i must say its a little beauty ;D
with lovely details and no bubbles.....which is always good

P1090598.jpg

P1090599.jpg

P1090600.jpg
:D
cant wait to get working on this little gem

s

i have a few legend figs and they are all great altough one seems to have an ass for a chin that will need fixing

Bad buzz spud :p

luckly theres no such problems with this figure, the only thing i have to be extra carefull with, its removing the m4 stock from the casting plug as its super fragile :-\

shane

Latest posts

Back