Stryker M1113 MEV

Shane ,Thanks for the pic of the dio buddy , Turned out great ...as always :). Thats a nice little figure ,will make a great addition .....dio ?? ;D

Chris.

LL67 ,

Keep on Rockin on this one !! The War Wheels G.B. runs from October - February .... so you have plenty o' time !!

Chris - Really glad you enjoyed mate, had alot of fun on that one, as dio for my stryker, wasnt sure at first but have a few base empty picture frames lying around so i may do a small one depicting the brigade on exerise in the states before deveployment...I love it when a plan comes together ;)

panzerace - thanks great :) ill wait till my Stryker ESV arrives in mid november and then get rolling with the group build.....cant wait ;D

Build update:

got a little more done last night and this morning, with suspension left aside. I moved to the rear bulkhead and ramp assemblies, these were straight forward steps and nothing of note happened. Just one thing to watch out for, if your intending to add an interior and have the ramps and hatches open beware there full injections marks :(

first thing was the main bulkhead assembly
P1090502.jpg

abd the adding of the tow hitches and tail lights, with them left to one side to dry, the rear acess hatch came next
P1090507.jpg
this i found to be fairly true to actual peice
P1090510.jpg

after a few hours work i was left with finished assmebly, not pictured are the two etched brackets for the jeery cans that sit either side od the ramp, these will go on later in the build

more to follow soon

shane

Thanks Spud, but i think you've gotten me mixed up with Chris LOL :p

Shane

(((lol))) thats not hard ,we're all Irish ;D

Chris.

Tidy work Shane , I've heard good things about these Strykers ,but I've never built one ...any good ?

Chris.

HI chris,

trumpeter strykers are good but from what ive heard AVF club's offerings are the best styker kits out there, but ive built two tumpi strykers i really enjoyed them and they a very affordable too

shnae

Hi all,

tried to get as much work as possible done over the weekend without over doing it, before having to return to college :-\

the insturctions suggest adding the lower and upper hull much further into the build, but i opted to join them after the suspenison was in place to make life easier down the road for me
firstly what i think are rear fuel or stowage bins to were added to lower hull before joining the upper hull

P1090495-1.jpg

P1090499-1.jpg

once allowed with the rear bulkhead (rampie thingy :p) to set i joined both hulls and taped them sucure and left them for a few hours, once enough time for the glue to set was passed i was left with this

P1090554.jpg

now its beginning to look like a stryker ;D

more follow soon

shane

thats some pile of crap :p it actulay looks like it builds up to a nice kit

Moving right along there Shane . That hull looks pretty well detailed ,that'll come out nice under paint :)

Chris.

Spud- smarty pants ;D :p

Chris- im looking forward to getting paint to plastic, these kits paint up well, and are great platforms for experimenting with weathering methods

cheers

shane

:) Wow, that seems to be a large vehicle!

I have to put my hands over one of these, someday !! :D

It looks a troublefree building kit, ah?

I´ve also readen some comparison between Trumpeters vs AFV Club, but this monster seems really OK...

LongLance Keep posting, please!
RG.

HI Jelly :)

its a big wagon to be sure, and it even looks bigger when the road wheels are in place, these kits are well worth a build they are very enjoyable and engaging builds, the only thing i can find issue with is the injections marks on inner faces of hatches and the like, but that by no means should put anyone off building one, i have an stryker to build after this which happens to be AFV's offering of ESV variant, so ill be able to gudge the two kits better then

glad to have you along Jelly :)

Hey Stryker Luver ! Nice clean work so far !! Very meticulous work and I really enjoy seeing you putting this gal together…. Can’t see any glue marks… so I guess you take a real pride in your assembly! I totally Dig this build ! Looks like a fun kit to put together! Lots and lots of details begging for Washes and weathering effects… which I can’t wait for you to be starting on !!!

I wished they had put in an interior... at least near the Ramp ! but we can expect that from Legend Prod. or Voyager... maybe in a near future…?

That Legend Prod. Figure is pretty cool isn’t it ? I have a few and they are really Cool !

Have a look for those "SinSenGumi" Digital Camo Decals... avail thru ( HLJ ) It should make your figure Pop ! Much easier than trying to paint the new American Digital camo…!!! If you know what I mean ?

Take care and can’t wait till your next update !

- Schweinhund 227

glad that you dropped by, ive seen your reveiws on ESV and MGS variants and their on my list of builds to get through in the near future,

these kits are maybe some of the most enjoyable kits ive put together in a long while, the only thing i wish that came with it was a interior or at least a partial one, but i think your right, its only a matter of time before an aftermarket company comes to the rescue

shane

Howdie all,

been cracking away on the upper superstructure doing a few hours here and there whenever i can squeeze in the time so i have plenty to show you :)

P1090554.jpg

P1090556.jpg

P1090569.jpg

P1090572.jpg

P1090574.jpg

also got the headlight assemblies done too
P1090594.jpg

P1090579.jpg

more updates to follow soon

shane

Latest posts

Back