Stryker M1113 MEV

Funny how swearing lots can usually produce a top class job ;D ;D Nice work on the etch Shane ,its worth it in the end ;) Figure looks sweet to mate ...well done .

Chris.

Really nice progress on this... I might just have to pick one of those up...!!! I am digging all that extra gear ! the overall look of that machine is pretty slick !

You are doing a great job putting it together.... Can't wait for you to move on to the Painting stage...

Thanks for all the kind words lads :)

build update:

the weaponless weapon station is in the bag :p

P1090664.jpg

P1090665.jpg

P1090666.jpg

P1090667.jpg

and other brass fittings are in place too 8)

P1090668.jpg

P1090671.jpg

P1090672.jpg

P1090676.jpg

plenty more to come

shane

Nice PE work mate ;).....looking good .

Chris.

- Chris thanks for the kind words, the etch was fiddly but i got there ;)

- Scott, thanks for your support

- Spud cheers buddy

shane.

NecronautDrummer said:
Sorry, but noob question here. We use CA glue for photo etch, right? For both sticking PE together and sticking PE to plastic?

Yes ...that is correct ....unless you fancy soldering ,but not onto the plastic obviously ::) ;D

Chris.

Elm City Hobbies said:
Another option for gluing PE is Gator Glue....works great, but doesn't set up as fast.

... I find that in some cases, or with few experience, that´s an advantage... it gives you more time to make corrections !

I have two cyanocrilate bottles: ZAP "slow" and ZAP "standard".

I must recognize that I have more control with the slow one... surely due to my limited experience/skill with PE...
RG

ive not had the chance to use the slow one but i would defo find it more usefull for aligning pe insted of putiing in down only for it to move and your stuck with were it decided it wanted to go to.

I just use any run of the day superglue you buy at any shop and apply it with a tooth pick LOL

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but if you could indulge a noob for a moment longer...
How permanent is the CA bond? I've had experiences with it not holding on metal-to-metal bonds, while making mini-figs. Would that be from an oxidized, unclean surface? I've usually had to go to a 2-part epoxy for better bond strength, but is it ever MESSY!

The stuff use is pretty much ever lasting had no bad expericances with bonds yet, prephapes when dealing with a min-figures again maybe try a CA accelerator, which basicly bonds the parts at once

hope this helps

Howdie all,

i know this build has gone a little quite of late, but not to worry the build is still on going :)

just took a short break from it, to paint up some of my Flames Of War Fallschrimjager.

but now its back to back the build

see you soon

shane

Latest posts

Back