Stryker M1113 MEV

Shane,

This is looking good. I must say that you have done a great job developing your brush painting skills.

Keep up the good work!

Chris - All in good time my man ;)

another day or two and ill have something to show

Spud - Cheers mate, it does take time when it comes to brush painting to advoid mess up's :-X

Big John - Thank you so much for your kind words buddy :)

cheers,

shane

Howdie all

been busy the last week painting the monster, but am pleased to annouce that the monster is painted, decaled and sealed :)

P1090779.jpg

P1090780.jpg

P1090784.jpg

P1090785.jpg

and the decals, they didnt want to work for me, after a lot of work i got them to settle to a point im not overly happy with trumpeters decals :mad:

P1090788.jpg

P1090787.jpg

P1090789.jpg

P1090790.jpg

now on with the filters ;D

shane

Shane ,Thats looking excellent mate . Especially considering its brush painted :eek:.....I looked really hard and cant see any brush marks !!!....Nice work fella ;)

Chris.

I'm not much into these modern type vehicles, but do like what you've done so far. Should look cool when done.

-Chris thanks so much for your kind words mate :)

- Spud, cheers mate, there was a point last week when i considered stripping the paint and starting again

-Schweinhund, thanks my man

- Scratchmod, im not really into modren subjects either, normally world war two kits are my thing, but i like to break out and try sometime new the odd time, thanks for your support :)

:) Good afternoon / nite, Shane,

Hey, that AFV looks really a solid build: I had readen before that AFV Club ones were more detailed that Trumpeter ones but what I´m watching here is really good. And as I´ve seen, their prices are really competitive...

Yes, I think that it must be "healthy" to switch from time to time from building WWII to Modern , etc, etc...

Shane, when you have put the decals over the model, have you used the Microsol & that kind of stuff?? ???

Indeed, do not worry... your model is looking Top Nocht, Shane :)
RG

Hi! I think it would be easier if you cut the decals in the middle before the application. Otherwise I would just make a stencil from masking tape and airbrush those big red crosses.

Yeah... not to put your work down but just as an Observation... those Red Cross decals seem to be hard to put on !!! Looks like one suffered a break? Were they THICK ???.... but that's ok ! I have Cringed Large Decals before on REAL vehicles…. Roundels and such ! not always a walk in the park !

I will think of doing a Mask when I get that kit.... or cut the cross out of the decal and place it on a Painted background… I saw the Vehicle painted in Beige... and it looks good!!!

I gather the Yanks have issued an order and they seem to get those babies in Sand Color now.. from the manufacturer... ??? or not ! you can't believe everything you see on the NET !!! LOL but if that is the case… I can’t wait to do a SAND color Stryker….

Take care and I am envious of your M1133 it looks great !
saving money for one as we speak !

Later buddy !

- Jelly, im not sure by how much AFV's offering are better, but from what ive read they dont seem to suffer from the same level of injection marks (which is a lot) and have much higher grade of detail but on the
drawback they are much more expensive. Personaly i find the trumpeter kits very good in all fairness.

as for decals i use mircosol to soften the decal and for the large red crosses i placed the decal in hot water to soften them further. The only thing i dont have is a fixer, microset would have made my life much easier as the decal didnt seem to settle on the surface of the model

- Bizarre, it didnt accour to me to cut the decal in half till of i applied them, as for airbrushing a template well that option for me doesnt work as i dont have an airbrush my man

-Qauralane, thanks very much for the kind words my friend :)

- schweinhund227, they were a nightmare to go on, i really needed a fixing solution to stop the decal from slipping and sliding all over the place. masking and trying to paint in a sentcle with a brush is messy at the best of times but once i get an airbrush sometime in the furture it should make life easier.

i do hope the net is right for once, cause a tan stryker does look great ;)

thank you all for your support lads,

next update the filter should be on

till then

shane :)

Hi all,

been plugging away on the MEV over the last week, getting the filters on and painting the remaining subassemblies such as the weapons platform

P1090798.jpg

P1090799.jpg

P1090800.jpg

filter and platform in place

P1090802.jpg

P1090803.jpg

P1090805.jpg

cheers

shane

Looks good Shane , I like all the chipping on the top deck ...looks very good ;) nearly there buddy .

Chris.

Latest posts

Back