Star Blazer * esque Kitbash of Type VII U boat ( 36")

LOL !
Hey , Quaralane .

I can fix that , no doubt . I'm lucky that's as far as it went ::) -- good thing I heard the crunch They're all older dogs now so they usually don't mess with stuff they find on the deck ...
.... man ,, one of em destroyed a pair of my eye glasses years back ---took em off the bedside table
MUNCH
MUNCH
MUNCH MUNCH
MUNCH

MUNCH

MUNCH

Here's the main engine layout
They're just tacked in with PVA right now .
Time to work out the arrangement of the small bells ( 3 thimbles and 2 small bells from the shuttle kit )

004_zps177ad498.jpg
008_zps9758bd92.jpg
012_zpsd072e521.jpg
015_zps7f06ba41.jpg
018_zps7cca007c.jpg

......... feeling very Russian now ..... think I'll go with that

Quite handy :

024_zps19a29573.jpg

..... with the smaller bells -- just stuck in there :p
the thimbles are the cruising engines
041_zps9f957ba3.jpg

032_zpscdc9df34.jpg
034_zpsc08436cd.jpg
046_zps0369a3ba.jpg

When this thing is all detailed up it should be pretty wicked ;D
The smaller ones need a bit more slope --- toward the keel

The center , flanking mains need to slope more to centerline ( up just a bit )
I havn't decided on the two small , forward bells -- they're hanging there a bit deranged in this pic . I think the slope is O K . ?

026_zpsdd6b399b.jpg

I would not want to be at the end of this thing when it lights up!

LOL ! I think it would be brite-E-nuph ! ;D and loud enough to hear in the vacuum of space !
I like the splay -- I need to fine tune the angles .

I know that you really want to use the space shuttle engines,, but I think it would look better with just the nose cones for engines (replace the 3main shuttle engines with 3 nose cones) ..... Just a thought ::)

Thanks , Ravhin

@ Excalibur :
I think it would look better with just the nose cones for engines (replace the 3main shuttle engines with 3 nose cones) ..... Just a thought ::)
.. hmmmm . Yeah , I see what you're saying with that ;)
I like the different forms and textures , though -- I think it will gel after the detail and color is added .
The 'stalks' of the shuttle bells and thimbles get a bunch of pipe and whatnot detail .... I don't think I'll leave the nose cone pieces so smooth ... A "cacophony" of engine action ::) :)

... . . how 'bout some oars coming out the sides ?

Kidding ;D

soooo, you think it'll have enough thrust? ^_^

Cool build so far, finish it!

Hope everyone had a good weekend --- there's a little left ;D

Just a quick update on the direction this will be going this week
Dividing up the main engines
They'll be getting way more detail on the exterior with piping etc + some maneuvering thrusters on the sides

010_zpse165b419.jpg
014_zps4d8bff8a.jpg
016_zps104ad6ac.jpg

Decided this thing needed to be a bit bigger ( more fuel ;D ) . She was ~ 480 foot @ 1/160 scale .
I've chosen 1/200 instead , making her ~620 feet
Here's a little 6 foot tall dude next to the center mains

018_zpsaaa852d9.jpg

........ I'm guessing these guys use the Wave Cannon to slow down / stop once they arrive post haste ! ;)

Well ,
I see the earlier link to the groovy scale comparison of Star Blazer ships has broken -- so here it is again :

69010.jpg:original

Still making her a Heavy Destroyer -- still between a Kripitera class and a Kelkapia cruiser at ~190 meters

Just watched the Japanese movie on YouTube....Damn! I love that ship!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back