Star Blazer * esque Kitbash of Type VII U boat ( 36")

Starting on the underside first
Scarified connecting nut epoxy'd to hull and around two of the coarse thread screws that anchor the PVC keel extension :

060_zps011b0edb.jpg

Nice and super stable and easy to rotate

074_zps3d5e368f.jpg

I did't see any kits that I'd pay for to get bashing parts so I found some thimbles at Walmart , $1.50 each , they have a lot of fine cool detail on them for some reason ;D

072_zps4caaeb89.jpg

I still need two or three more of something for medium size bells ( in between these two ) -- anyone have any tips or suggestions for making engine bells or rocket exhaust nozzles ??

.. even the inside of em is neat ;D 076_zps58fc0504.jpg

Great project! That's quite an inspiration you've had, and I'm enjoying seeing your steps as you kitbash.

"Leader Dethlok! The Stah Forth ith approaching!" (His one aide had a bit of a lisp, as I recall)

For exhaust cones, how about empty coffee creamers?

? Like the little one shot thingies at the convenience store ?

... :p what else you got lol ;D

BTW , welcome to the new thread :)

Big reason I 'm drawn to a heavy / tall superstructure for this thing :
The IJN REALLY went with the Dreadnought tripod mast lol

Japanese_battleships_Yamashiro,_Fuso_and_Haruna.jpg

AANagato.jpg

Hey... I may have a set of 3 1/144 scale shuttle bells if you want them....shoot me an E-mail @ [email protected] and I'll snail mail them to you. Just pay for the shipping.

I love where this one is going. For engine bells, take a walk around an office supply store and take a look at the pen section. I bet you find what you are looking for....

urumomo said:
For exhaust cones, how about empty coffee creamers?

? Like the little one shot thingies at the convenience store ?

... :p what else you got lol ;D

BTW , welcome to the new thread :)

Yeah, the white plastic cups for creamer, usually with ridged sides. Not the metal one-shot coffee packages, a la Keurig and other machines. The creamer container's sides are straight, of course, so they present a truncated cone, and not the curved surface we often see for exhaust cones, but they might work.

Meh , :) ,... I need something shaped either in-between the profiles of the shuttle bells and the thimbles or far more elongated -- elliptical than the big bells ...
I think that's the direction John's seeing when he mentions pens ....

...... though He could mean some type of animal pen .. . hmmmm :p

I am sure you can find something cone shaped in animal droppings, and then do a casting from it..

But the office supply store would be less smelly so I suggest that.

Well , That Settles It .
I'm building this on the topside . SpaceLike

What I'm Talking Bout ;D

fxv24p.jpg

Pagoda Tower , huh ? ;)

ijn_yamashiro_barrels_cockd.jpg

and with the super wide radar masts ..

I can see using pen shells for directional thrusters, too, and even for weapons ports. Cut a hole in the hull, and cut the pen shell at an angle, and attach it on the inside. Thruster, exhaust port, photon torpedo tube, or that sparky thing used in the old "Buck Rogers" serials :D

Yeah ,, I'm gonne do some maneuvering thrusters spread around - fore, aft and amidships .
I like this look --- Easy to scratch :

bell_x-1_engine_nozzles.jpg

I,ve been surfing around for inspiration ---- I like these motorcycle exhaust , in clusters of 6 or more :

s780_rocket1.jpg
YO-RCC-YFZ4-09_is

I still need some more main engine bells ... I'll look @ Home Depot tomorrow as well as the office supply ...

The Batmobile's exhaust , lol , easy to scratch , but I don't think the style fits :p

images

Time to build

080_zpsd0a08d3e.jpg

Five " nozzles " for 6 bucks ;D

.................. I'm also switching back to Plastruct -- Better solvent for WAY less moolah

081_zps841c2933.jpg

Aha! I hadn't thought about pen caps, too. Like on the old Bic pens!

....... Ugh . I hear a " KaSnap-pop"
...4 dogs on site ... ( out of ten )
......................AAAA !! 014_zps0e1113bf.jpg .. Get out !!
Drop It ! Drop It !
Oh :mad: :(.... ugh freaking canine insanity ..... even your worst , drunken friends don't gobble up your plastic parts .....

Latest posts

Back