Snow Speeder 1/72 scale

Jimi

Hi all,

i've not had much chance to do any building as we are approaching the busy part of the year but i have managed to almost finish this Retro-kit 1/72 scale snow speeder.

its'a good kit with alot of detail but it is lacking a clear parts for the windshields...will probably improvise that out of some packaging. the only difference to the kit that i have made is that i have split the canopy into two parts so that i can display it as being open.

snowspeeder3_zpsjle8w4mp.jpg

Looks pretty good so far. Nice detail for such a small kit. What kit brand is that one?

almost there folks, i have added the glass to the canopy windows, i tried to do it as individual panes of glass but the plastic was to flexible for that to trim accurately so i opted for whole sections to cover the window spaces.

although the main canopy hasn't been attached yet you can see where i am going with this 1/72 scale kit... improvised some seat belts with 1mm tamiya masking tape.

20160102_130630_zpsa290jhed.jpg
20160102_130613_zpsihi0oppg.jpg
20160102_130557_zps22dsngmq.jpg

Quaralane said:
Loving the exposed panel on the right side

you have that option as part of the kit, i plan at some point to do this as a 1/72 scale diorama with a pit crew servicing the speeder

That must be only about 3" long. Once again I'm impressed by the level of detail. Looking good.

Hagoth said:
That must be only about 3" long. Once again I'm impressed by the level of detail. Looking good.

yeah its about three inches long, i'll put something in the picture next time to give it some scale for everyone to see it better

well here it is folks, i finally managed to finish this little resin beauty!

speeder333_zpsamkhdws5.jpg
speeder31_zpsfwhvtuut.jpg
speeder3_zpsqtfsgyvg.jpg

and now, the money shot, to give you a sense of scale, i have introduced a British two pound coin

speeder%2044_zpsawlc83q5.jpg

I have always liked the snow speeder. Again I'm impressed by the attention to detail. Very nicely done!

Thanks for linking to that GK company. They have a Twin Pod Cloud Car as well as a Probe Droid, both in 1:72 scale.

Good work, BTW.

Latest posts

Back