1:144 Bandai Snow Speeder (complete/throwback)

BLT

There's been a little bit of movement on the site around the 1:48 Bandai Snow Speeder, so I thought I'd share my 1:144 build with y'all.

The mini vehicle series from Bandai are good fun, but not all of them are 1:144.

Looks great... What do you mean by not all of them... Is this one not to scale?

blakeh1

Great work!

As far as scale, there is speculation that the Snowspeeder is actually more like 1/110 scale

Also the Razor Crest is something like 1/255 scale

Although for me, personally, while it may technically scale out to 1/110, I think it looks right with 1/144 figures

I think it all comes down to preference

Marktastrophe

Oh I'm just claiming labeled scale, I won't make any claims on actual :p.

The mini vehicle series are produced over a range of scales, and I don't think all of them are labeled.

blakeh1

Oh I'm just claiming labeled scale, I won't make any claims on actual :p.

The mini vehicle series are produced over a range of scales, and I don't think all of them are labeled.

You are correct the Vehicle collection line is technically a "box scale" line and have no scale printed on the box

However, for our benefit, Bandai has made an effort to at least keep most fighter sized subjects in the 1/144 range or 1/350 range, but the last few releases have ventured away from that and have all been large/small enough to fit the box scale

Kits not in the vehicle collection line like the U-Wing are explicitly labelled as 1/144, 1.72, or 1/48

They have also explicitly listed things like the X-Wing combo and even the Snowspeeder combo as 1/144 scale in the 1/72 and 1/144 combo pack and the 1/48 and 1/144 combo pack

On a side note, there are some Shapeways upgrade sets for the Snowspeeder cockpit and raised flaps should you do anymore

blakeh1

This has been mounted and gifted already. But I'm googling shapeways now!

These are the sets I used

closed canopy (you get a set of two)

https://www.shapeways.com/product/EMA4HNQDD/2x-snow-speeders-closed-canopy-and-flaps-1-144
Open canopy

https://www.shapeways.com/product/KJ49Z8HXE/snow-speeder-canopy-open-with-flaps-1-144

I just wish Bandai would come out with a pack that has two Snowspeeders. I hate wasting the AT-ST just to get the Snowspeeder since I picked up four of them for a dio

Latest posts