Shuttle Tydirium [FINISHED!]

Re: Shuttle Tydirium [WIP]

the level of work in this is mind blowing.

really liking it.

Torv.

A most excellent update! Love the engine glow. Very well done!

Here is what I've done for the pas days:
... not much actually, as I've faced the work requiring time for everything to dry throughout.
Firs applied a coat of primer. Always loved how primers smooth everything out, and all that hell-job with panel lines rescribing payed off 300%

Next was preshading. I've decided to go with it a little bit over the top, as this is an Imperial starship, and I'm going to use a rather light wash, so to bring up all the details the preshading should be intense.

Also painted the stand with a gloss-black. It's only to highlight the words with red left.

I thought I smelled paint!!!!! Priming brought all those lines out great! Nice pre-shading!!!! Keep it coming! ;)

Yip ..Thats looking real good now ,shows all the hard work put into it ,cant wait to see a bit of paint on now ;D

Chris.

Definately on par with all of your other work. Now let's see her with paint!!

Thanks everyone for your kind words.
And, on the requests of audience ;D, here is the paint-work now all done. In order to recieve that little bit weathered look and all the shades between the panels I've covered the model with 5 layers of Tamiya paint mix (flat white, deck tan, sky gray and neutral gray) in five different proportions: from almost pristine white to the grays of brown and bluish. Hope the pics would give the sense of those color shades.

Also I've masked and painted the gray panels on the wings and the two barely visible red markings on the shield pieces on both sides of the cockpit.

Masking the canopy I painted the two stripes of the frame (yeah, the white stripes 8)). I'm planning not two make the canopy absolutely black, but cook a toning solution from "future" and black acrylic paint to tone it down, so that the lighted controls and the pilots could be seen in a close look through it.

And here is the the complete stand, handpainted the latters red.

All in all, it is only weathering process left to do over this babe, plus some neutral wash to bring up some of the tiny details.

I can seethe work you put into the color shading...well done! The washes are going to really bring this together! Great build! ;)

Absolutely phenomenal! Love your work! How about a tutorial on how you get your lighting to flash like that? That would be great on the site!
Keep the pics and vids coming!

Thank you, guys!
nimrod77 said:
How about a tutorial on how you get your lighting to flash like that? That would be great on the site!
Keep the pics and vids coming!
That's completely no problem. I even have plans to buy an HD-camera near the beginning of June, it would also give an appropriate level to fit SMA quality 8)
More then that, one of the kits in my stash - the Monogramm U.S.S. Voyager from Star Trek, is really calling for me to start building him. Plan to start this project in the end of summer. To make her accurate, there would be required 21 navigational light total with 3 different lighting patterns, so that would be a really deep tutorial on how to program and install microchips for modeling purposes, if the site members are eager to wait a little.
You know, guys, if you would like to watch such tutorial, just let me know what you whish more: a video on how to work with microcontrollers ingenerall now, or such a video in application to the Voyager?

Very nice work on this. Love all the extra details you have installed.

I am in for a tutorial on PIC programing.

I can wait till you start your Trek kit. Would be good to see it all work in relation to something. Thanks for doing this :)
I had considered lighting a few kits of mine but decided that it was all too hard with the flashers and all. Would be great to have a tutorial!

Allright guys, it is settled then))

And here is a small update: have been working with the washes so far, but haven't complete this part of the built yet because of the exams - can afford only 5 minutes here, 20 there.. But still the cockpit area, the rear part, all the wings superstructure and a part of the main wing might be considered done with washing. What do you think? (allways very hard for me to decide wherever to stop with the washes :-\)

Also, sa you can see, the canopy is done. Seems absolutely black under direct light, but the controls lights are visible through it, as I wanted them to be. Would post a pic with the running lights any time soon.

Back