Shuttle Tydirium [FINISHED!]

Re: Shuttle Tydirium [WIP]

WoW !! Awesome Stuff !!! WOW Dude !! That wash ROX !! This looks Badd Azz !! Rock-On !! I love that shot from th bottom ..... SooWeet Stuff !

;D those shots are just great !

Now I really want to bring this one out of its BOX and go your way..... finding little bits and add details here and there... to spruce it up !!! I could dig a nice White Model for once... !

as for the Troopers... well that's gonna have to wait a bit... not saying no ! but its on a back burner for a little while !

Till things settles down a bit !

once again ! great shots of your T-Shuttle !

You can be proud of that one !!! she is a Show stopper !

Thank you, everyone, friends, so much appreciated))

schweinhund227 said:
;D those shots are just great !

Now I really want to bring this one out of its BOX and go your way..... finding little bits and add details here and there... to spruce it up !!! I could dig a nice White Model for once... !

as for the Troopers... well that's gonna have to wait a bit... not saying no ! but its on a back burner for a little while !

Till things settles down a bit !

once again ! great shots of your T-Shuttle !

You can be proud of that one !!! she is a Show stopper !

Thank You for the kind words, buddy! Hope You'd get as much pleasure from building this kit as I did, this MPC-piece has really overgrew my expectations for it.
And I'd wait with anticipation till You return to scouts theme sooner or later anyway - watching the work of such a grand-master of this field as You is a real pleasure.

punkpigpen said:
I may have to buy this kit now..its your fault!!!!!!

Ah, yeah, I know that feeling ;D ;D It's when you find a work of someone you enjoy and can't help imagining of how cool it could be playing with a same kit for yourself, adding detailes here and changing something there... and the find yourself googling for a purchase of the same kit... the 101th in your stash! ;)

Thank You, DreamKnight!
Well, guys, didn't you forget this shuttle is going to be able to transform between an inflight and landed modes?
Check this out: just completed playing with the landing gears and some of the AK stuff.

I wanted the gears to be little bit extra dirty/rusty, as according to the SW canon this ship has been initially committed to a mining facilities in an asteroid field, and I'm sure that there are plenty of ways to dirt your shoes a bit in such environment :)
These are almost complete, I'm planning to add only a little bit of dry-brushing and sooth weathering effect on the bay doors.

Wow what a build! I built this kit about a year ago and had to scratch build the whole top wing beacause I tried to straighten out the warped original wing with a hair dryer :p and it pretty much twisted inside out!!
But youve really showed us how its meant to be built! ;)

Great stuff! Weathering, grease and rust-what-not definitely looks the part! Gotta love the AK!!! ;D ;D

Thanks for the feedback, buddies!

TRM said:
Great stuff! Weathering, grease and rust-what-not definitely looks the part! Gotta love the AK!!! ;D ;D

Yeah, AK is really good for making some cool durt and rust and all that stuff. And more than that - helps doing it really fast, the both landing gears took me 30 minutes overal, and it is extremely fast result in weathering for me.

merseajohn said:
Wow what a build! I built this kit about a year ago and had to scratch build the whole top wing beacause I tried to straighten out the warped original wing with a hair dryer :p and it pretty much twisted inside out!!
But youve really showed us how its meant to be built! ;)

Sad story about the wing, merseajohn. I'm more and more turning to the idea, that a hair dryer is more a menace rather then a supporting tool in modeling with plastic - the details are usually too thin to give them a form required after heating, and while giving heat away they act unpredictably.

By the way, guys, here are the shots with the gear installed, and the shuttle turned into landed mode. Sorry for the quality - the camera is currently recharging.

Landing gears are looking great. Nice work with the AK interactive stuff.

Thank You, guys! I think I'm starting to see the finish line. Yet on the horison, but it, along with Your kind comments, encourages me to give all into this work.

ScaleModelDisciple said:
Nicely weathered gear. Looks better than the movie props.

Well, if You think so, than I can solidly say, that my goal on this is achieved 200% :)

Yeah , I agree !! Th weathering on th landing Gear is Rockin' !! Great Job !! It's all grity & it looks like they have a leak on some Hydraulic lines ! ;D Bang it out !! It's lookin Awesome !!

My thoughts exactly, buddy: if there are those pipes there and its a landing gear, then definitely bit of stuff had to leak out :)
Thank You for the kind words!

Latest posts

Back