Shinden Panzer Knocker

Hey Everybody,

Thanx for th kind words !! With a bit of Luck I can get th Tiger Stripes on by Thursday & Then it'll be time to get Down & Dirty !! Not too dirty though .... I'd hate to cover a lot of this camo up !! ;D

DUDE!!! Some of the same tunes I rock out to building my kits.
Pandora: Set to Metallica/Sabbath/Maiden Channels

Camo is wicked good too man! 2-3 passes to cover, that's tough to do and make it look that good. I assume you have some pretty good magnification setup.

MYKE,

I use an Opti-Visor with th stock magnifiers, I've forgotten what they are. & I hold My Breath a lot to steady My hand.

Once I started using an Opti-Visor I really was able to see the most minutest details !! Especially on painting Figures & even working a kit. It makes cleaning a seam Great. You can see every little detail !

\m/ Rock It Bro !! I also Jam out to Rob Zombie, Old Sound Garden ( Loud Love - Their 1st. Album - Th Best !! Led Zep & Some Not so Metal - Rolling Stones , Black Crowes, Allman Brothers, KISS ... The SoundTrack to Apocalypse Now w/ audio dialogue !!

Thanx for th Kind words !!

Soundgarden - Loud Love [Studio Version]

Planet Rock for me! Maiden, sabbath, metallica, lynard skynard i could go on!

any development on that ??? 8)

you should be nearing completion ??? or not ?

don't leave us Hanging !!! LOL

Norm

OUT !

oh... ps: I joined M.A. check my album !!! LOL

Norm,

I'm not leaving any one hangin !! I'm almost finished with th Black Tiger Stripes. I will post & Then I'll have to Weather , I'll skip th Base as I don't think I'll have time to finish that. I'm also Finishing th Elephant build. Both are sitting beside each other on th Bench. It looks like a Very Surreal Assembly Line !! lol Tiger Striped 1/35th Mech Suit & 1/35th Scale Germa nElephant with Green Spotted Camo !!

I'll post some Pix soon !! Hopefully something worth while by this Week-end !! I've got one leg & the torso to finish applying th Black Stripes to !!

Hang in there Brotha' !! SCOTT is using his Jedi Prowess & gettin Me sidetracked into th Extended Star Wars Universe .... I'm such an Expanded Universe Virgin . There's so Much to read & catch up on !! ;D

I'm starting to Dream of a Movie called Tie Fighter Ugly .... Starring Mara Jade & Jana Solo lol it's about these Hot Chicks that Hang out in a Cantina ...... ( get it - Tie Fighter Ugly - Coyote Ugly parody ;D ::) .... It sounded better in My head..... ;) )

Whew !!

I've finally finished the Tiger Stripes !! Now it's time to get down to th Weathering !! Not too much ... I almost hate to "damage" th Scheme ... ;D

Just a short update as Time Ticks ....

DSC08114.jpg
I also added some MM Chrome & some Tamiya Clear Orange to the Optic sensors on his chest

DSC08116.jpg
I did th same to the "Convoy lights" on th Rear - with Clear Red & Blue , also the "running Lights" on the lower rear torso.

DSC08121.jpg

DSC08122.jpg
I also added a Stick-O "shimmering dot" to the M.G. as an Optic cam/sight, to the scope of
th M.G. NOTE: These things are Awesome in place of M.V. lenses !! A modeler happened upon these in Michael's Craft store - Now here's th kicker - They are a seasonal item aimed at th Halloween Costume crowd & evaporated after Halloween - you can imagine after the Horror of not being able to find them :'( . I looked up th Co.'s website. They are available when ever !!! They also come in a few different colors - * SCHWEINHUND * - look no further for your Optic lenses. They are concave 7 aren't very good to use as Mirrors. Best of all They have an adhesive backing !! No need to really glue ( i added a very small dot of C.A. for insurance!

Check this out - http://shop.eksuccessbrands.com/product/Shimmering+Silver+Dot+Stickers.aspx
Made by eksucessbrands !!

Ah-ight .... Lemme back in th Panzer Shoppe - I hear Smedley squawking for some attention

[HQ] Metallica - Metal Militia (Live 1983 Chicago) (Great Quality)

Ah, impressive dude!
And those cool pose.. I think he could look well with a guitar in his hands just as well as with those guns :)
P.S.: the paint-scheme rocks!! really! hard to imagine how many man-hours it took

Just when I didn't think the camo could look any cooler!!!! Just Rockin' Erik! Can't wait to see the weathering!! ;)

Solander said:
Ah, impressive dude!
And those cool pose.. I think he could look well with a guitar in his hands just as well as with those guns :)
P.S.: the paint-scheme rocks!! really! hard to imagine how many man-hours it took

Thanx guys for th Kind Words !!!

@ Solander - Not to tute My own horn but it really didn't take any time to shoot it with th Tamiya Dark Green ( maybe 1 hour ?) ...... but adding the Stripes ( 3 different colors) it took longer than I anticipated !

Red Brown - about 12 hours all total - 2 hours per "sub assembly" - 2 legs , 2 arms , 2 shoulder packs , & Torso - each considered a sub-assembly

Dunkelgelb Yellow - a mix of Tamiya - German OrangeOchre + Model Air Dark Yellow + German Camo Beige. This really took a long time - due to th fact that it was tough to get th Yellow to cover the other 2 colors. - it took a total time of 17 hours just for th yellow !!

Black - Not as long , but I did , at times , have it too thin & had to hit it a couple of times - Total Time - 14 hours ....

So, Total time Painting th Camo - 44 Hours !! WTF ! :eek: I had no Idea until now !! Eeek !

Th Weathering aughta' be a Breeze ( knocks on wood) !! :p

Latest posts

Back