Shinden Panzer Knocker

panzerace007

Here's # 2 entry ,

I'm not exactly sure what I'll do with this one. The really cool thing is that it's in 1/35th scale !!!

DSC07921.jpg

DSC07923.jpg

DSC07926.jpg

For right now it will go into th Sci-Fi category !!

I used to have a friend that was big in those Robot kits.... they are truly Awesome kits...

Will be following your build for sure.... brings back a lot of memories....

take care !

Norm.

Nice! I use to build quite a few robot kits, so this will be interesting to watch.

For some reason I was expecting a tank ::) (((lol))) This does look interesting tho' ,they do paint up nice :)

Chris.

So, exactly how old is this Kit ? I bought it off of an IPMS Chapter member & I didn't ask to much about th kit. I just knew that it was 100% unbuilt. I am going to replace the MG. barrel with an RB 20mm Barrel. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with that other barrel thingy. It looks like a Panzer Faust but kinda not. I might just cut it off & make it a Panzer Faust.

It looks like it'll be an easy & fast build !

SAMUS,

Thanx for th Intel. This kit .... is full of Seams, Seams , Seams !! Mr. Surfacer 500 & Mr. Dissolved Putty are My Friends !! Pix will follow soon !!

AH YEAH !! Here's an up-date. I've got Her together. WoW ! The seams were everywhere ! Length wise in everything ! I used Mr.Surfacer 500 & Mr.Disolved Putty to get everything fixed up & proper !! Here are some shots before She hits th Paint booth !! I replaced the Kit Barrel on th M.G. with a 20mm RB Barrel (35B66). I've included a product shot of th RB barrel B/C My camera won't focus on th Muzzle ! I'm not sure what type of Camo to go with ..... ??

DSC07999.jpg

DSC08000.jpg

DSC08001.jpg

DSC08002.jpg

DSC08000.jpg

picture.jpg

That looks waaaay cool !!! ;D Its hard to beat Dark Yellow ?....maybe tri tone ? ;D Whichever way ya go I reckon it'll look the business ;)

Chris.

Chris S said:
That looks waaaay cool !!! ;D Its hard to beat Dark Yellow ?....maybe tri tone ? ;D Whichever way ya go I reckon it'll look the business ;)

Chris.

Hey Guys, thanx for th kind words ...

@ CHRIS - I also thought of some sort of Tiger Stripe style of camo .... Maybe a Tiger Striped Tri-Tone with Ambush flecks ?? Or something similar to this

jp2-1.jpg

Th Box says it's 1/35th scale but it looks a little short. I need to put th Figure that came in th kit up against a 1/35th Alpine figure to check ... I'm thinking it's a little small. ??

SWEEEET! I too like the barrel replacement. Looking great!

For the camo, I'm liking:

the-panzer-tanks-02-getty-56657487.jpg

But it's your call bud!! Any way you choose, it'll look cool! Rock on!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D

TRM said:
SWEEEET! I too like the barrel replacement. Looking great!

For the camo, I'm liking:

the-panzer-tanks-02-getty-56657487.jpg

But it's your call bud!! Any way you choose, it'll look cool! Rock on!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D

This is an Interesting Pic. I have it in My archives. It's from Italy & th color film is a little wierd, but I see what you're saying. ..... Although th more I think about it th more I like th Tigerstripe Tri-Tone Idea ... Thanx for th suggestion & the Kind words !!

Have at it, gonna be awesome!!! Looking forward to seeing some paint fly! ;D ;D ;D

Alright Finally ...... ! Here's an update ..... I decided to go with the German Tri-Tone colors from WWII ;D Old habits Die hard !! It will be in a Tiger Stripe scheme. Using Dark Green as th Background . I laid down some Red-Brown in masses . The next layer will be German Dunkelgelb in smaller areas, & outlining the Red-Brown masses . The final layer will be Black Tiger Stripes !!

rvtsjb.jpg
VintageVietnamEraTigerstripeJungleFatigues.gif

I used Tamiya Dark Green (XF-61) over a base coat of Vallejo's Black Primer. Next I mixed Vallejo Leather Brown(871) + Burnt Cad. Red (814) to get th Red Brown. 1st. Stage Tiger Stripe -

DSC08044.jpg
No need to worry about th Visor . I will shoot some AlClad Transparent Green over this Gloss Black + Chrome Silver base .... I call it Black Chrome ... (Model Master colors)

DSC08046.jpg

DSC08047.jpg

DSC08045.jpg

DSC08050.jpg

DSC08049.jpg
These slide up on the shoulders & sit close to the torso .... not sure what They are ??

DSC08057.jpg
I tried the 2nd. Stage camo on the inside of these Packs ( one pack holds the propellent to his Panzer Faust ! They will sit close to th torso & I'm not really sure how much will show , but I'm using these as My test pattern . It can be tweaked from there ! To get the German Dark Yellow - Vallejo Model Air Dark Yellow(71025) + Vallejo Model Color German Orange Ochre(824) + German Camo Beige(821) .

DSC08055.jpg
Here is the Armament. Base coated with Vallejo's Black Primer , dry brushed with A Very Ancient tin of Humbrol Gun Metal ... When I mean Ancient ... I mean it. Th Label is Monogram with Humbrol in smaller letters & looks like a miniature paint can. I think I got it back in '83. I found it again when I was gearing back up in th hobby about 17 years ago. It was very tacky & I added some Testors enamel thinner to it & it came beck to life !! I love this color !! Although .... I might have over done it a little on th Guns !!

DSC08053.jpg
Here's a closer look at th 1st. stage camo on the torso !!

I'll get back to it & Get this Trooper in Gear !!!

The Trooper Iron Maiden Live After Death

Yowza'!! Erik!!! That camo is the S&@T...I mean Bomb!!! :eek: I'll be shipping my FW190 over when its ready...K?? LOL! That is going to look way, way kool!!!!!

Maiden!!!! Crap, flash back...Back to the days of Hampton Beach and trollin' the strip...this would be cranked! Till the beat cops would pull you over and write you up for having the music to high...."if it's too loud, you too.......". Bruce for President!!!!! (where the head bangin' smiley) 8)

Latest posts

Back