Panzer Spazierengehen

Junkie

Reaction score
Thank you Google Translate:
Panzer Spazierengehen = Walking Tank...

I have a small project on the bench however after that I'm going to jump over here with a Tamiya King Tiger kit...and try my hand at a walking tank.

Junkie

Reaction score
Yeah, somewhat. I don't see it quite as steampunk though....

Neo

What do you mean i'm addicted to Airplanes!
Reaction score
Wild wild west spider ?

spud

Irish and proud of it :)
Reaction score
really looking forward to it Scott i know you will do a Cracker of a job on it

Leighbo

Reaction score
Sweet Scott

This is one ill really look forward to seeing!

Great idea

Junkie

Reaction score

rookie

This is not a toy
Reaction score
Very cool links Scott, sumfin there for everyone

Junkie

Reaction score
Totally. I visit those sites every few months and soak it all in.

Been researching the 'walking tank' idea. I want to build something 'plausible', believable. For that to be there has to be a reason why it was developed...not only a reason, but no other solution worked.

I'm thinking the Nazis wiped out most Allie forces, and their Air force and Armies...but pockets of rebels remain. These rebels, and the war, leveled forests; preventing tanks from entering their strongholds. Therefore the walking tank was engineered to overcome the stumps and fallen tree, and be able to march into Rebel territory in an effort to wipe all resistance from the face of Landderbäume (land of Trees... formerly North America). You say, well the German airforce would do that job...but no...let's say they no longer have an effective airforce - too cold up North etc..., and what they have left remains to fight versus uprisings in South America. It's too cold up North...but Hitler's heir wants complete control.

The rebels' small arms won't 'kill them' despite their hydraulics and random instability. They aren't refined however they do the trick of advancing large guns into a dead, fallen forest, to knock out bunkers and hold ups.

Something like that...3 or 4 legged, short barrel. Bipedal won't work. This has been done, and done pretty cool by Mig (Fitchen Foo), I think Ma.K and a couple others.

I'm gonna take a crack at it, but I'll add that I do want to keep it 'believable' although it will certainly be a stretch.

Junkie

Reaction score
Cool stuff Ferris...just Googled that, some really great ideas. Thank you!

Latest posts