Shinden Panzer Knocker

TRM,

Thanx for th kind words !! So , you have a FW190 that you want to put a Tiger Stripe camo on ? .....

\m/

Yup! I think the size is what's throwing me in my mind. 1/48, after trying to apply the masking which I will have to assume would be hours for me, you just about get the AB hooked up and your done! LOL! Little ways off from this. Believe me tho, watching this with intent Brotha'!!! ;)

Coorrr....I do like a bit of Maiden ;D.... That camo is gonna look nutz buddy ,I really like it ...big thumbs up , very tidy paintwork too if I may say so !!! Cant wait to see it all done ;D

Chris.

TRM said:
Yup! I think the size is what's throwing me in my mind. 1/48, after trying to apply the masking which I will have to assume would be hours for me, you just about get the AB hooked up and your done! LOL! Little ways off from this. Believe me tho, watching this with intent Brotha'!!! ;)

TRM - ... I used No Masks ! It is all Free-Hand , painted by hand ( except for the Dark Green base coat) . The scale on the Box said it was 1/35th. but after lookin at the Japanese figure ... it's a rather small 1/35th. I'll get an Alpine figure to stand in for scale ? This Mech seems to really be th size of a 120mm figure or a touch bigger.

Thanx for the Kind Words Guys !!!! I'm having fun with this build !! It'll take a few minutes to get th rest of th figure up to speed with th stage 2 camo ... stay tuned ....

Someone mess up the metric conversion?? LOL!! Still wrapping my head around "no masking". Dude? I'll be closely watching the next stage! The 190....what if ???

;D

Ok... love the camo ! hand painted BONUS POINTS for you !!! but the shirt and pants ???? are you saying those are German colors ?? to me it looked like a US tiger stipes uniform used during Vietnam ?? but I don't really care !

the outcome looks Outstanding !!! and Metal Video to boot !

Keep up the good work !

You should place in the category just for including Maiden in your build log!

Awesome looking camo mate, that is a great paint job. You using Vallejo? (maybe you posted and i missed it)

schweinhund227 said:
Ok... love the camo ! hand painted BONUS POINTS for you !!! but the shirt and pants ???? are you saying those are German colors ?? to me it looked like a US tiger stipes uniform used during Vietnam ?? but I don't really care !

OH .. No Norm ... The Pants & Shirt are Vintage Vietnam Tiger Stripe.. .... I guess you could say that My "pattern" is Inspired by the Vietnam Tiger Stripe & played out in German WWII Tri-Tone colors ... with a twist - to include the Black !

Thanx for the kind Words !!! \m/ \m/ !!

MYKE - Rock -On !! Thanx for th kind words !! Yes I'm using Vallejo ! I love th way it paints. I "discovered" it a couple of years ago & recently painted a 120mm figure & Fell in love with th Vallejo !!It's really IS everything They say it is !!! It's almost like drawing with an Ink Pen .. th way it flows off th Brush !! - 3/0 & 10/0 - The Red Brown was painted with a 3/0 & the Dunkel. was painted with a 10/0

Interesting approach with the camo. I'm looking forward to see what you're planning to do next.
Cheers

Well Alrighty then ... I have finished th 2nd. stage of a 3 stage camo . I've also added color to the Visor. The second stage Camo was again hand painted & a mix of Vallejo colors - German Camo Ochre , Model Air Dark Yellow , & a pinch of German Camo Beige for good measure . So ... let's take a look

DSC08076.jpg

DSC08082.jpg

DSC08081.jpg

DSC08080.jpg
The Visor was base coated with a mix of Model Master Gloss Black + Chrome Silver which gave me a Black Chrome. Then masking it off with Blue Painter's tape, I misted 4 coats of AlClad Transparent Green. I added some battle damage to th visor by lightly scuffing th visor before I added th Transparent Green. I figured that My Panzer Knocker had gotten hit with a few glancing shots.

DSC08084.jpg
The Arm on th left will hold the M.G. & th arm on th right will hold the Panzer Faust, hence the Blast Plate.

DSC08086.jpg
Shoulder packs , the one on th right , you'll notice has a pipe coming out of it. It will be connected to th Panzer Faust & My guess is that it holds th Propellent for th Rocket !

DSC08087.jpg
Th M.G. with the R.B. replacement barrel ( for a 20mm M.G. )

DSC08090.jpg
Th dreaded Panzer Faust. With an Armor piercing drill-tip !

So, why did it take so long to post these pix, you may ask. Well for th 2nd stage Camo I used a 10/0 brush, coupled with th color - Dark Yellow, it was tough to get it to cover the Dark Green & Red Brown in one pass , it took 2-3 passes for full coverage ( hand painting , remember). Each Leg took 3 hours apiece , each Arm took 2 hours apiece , Shoulder packs - 2 hours a piece, The Torso took 3 hours. That's a whopping 17 hours of painting. :eek: Whew .... I'm glad that's done !!!

Soon I will start th 3rd stage, which will be applying the Black Tiger Stripes. This should move along rather fast comparatively speaking since it's Black & should cover in one pass !!

Well .... I'm off to th Pub for a Golden Delicious !! Plus it's 91f here today !!

Cheers & Thanx for peeking in !!

Metallica Blitzkrieg

BAD A$$!!!!! Love that camo!!! Visor...weapons...time to go to town. Keep rippin' away!!! 8)

Latest posts

Back