Scott's Post Apocalyptic Mayhem

Thank you gentlemen!

To be honest, I was looking at this and thinking - something aint right but I don't know what. Then I looked at my reference:

rustAll.jpg

On these old engines chrome is all but gone and there are many shades of oranges and browns. Hope to achieve that with oil and pigment.

I finally have a real vision for this build - the car. It's taken me a month to really see it in my mind. I've been looking a hundreds of photos online - from mad max to death race and everything I can find and I can now say that I know the direction I want for this build.

Sure is fun!

Engine is Sweet!!! A little greese and grime and that puppy is ready to puuuuuurrrrrrr! 8)

Cast a spare tire. It'll work given the new direction for this build.

tire.jpg

Now I'm slow but steady.

Thanks - to be honest there's a nasty bubble that I hid by leaning it up against the original part - but that will fit my plans...

yours casts are so awesome! are you still using the smooth-on stuff for casting???????

Thanks Mr.N. Getting there. Camera is forgiving.

Yeah and actually it's the same resin from the Xwing build. I bought new rubber but same old bottles of resin. Almost empty now.

Ahhhhh. resin Tires!

Where are you taking us this time! More surpises?

Can't wait!

You can always cast another one! Usually the first Pull is a junker anyway! Just pour a little resin next time and roll it around making sure you coat all the details first then.... Pour to fill!

Looking great anyway!

Any orange tuques in the queue?
Keep up the good work

Norm.

YES,

I agree SCOTT ! Great lookin cast ! That Engine is Really Bangin' !! I can't wait to see when you get th weathering on the Engine !!

Rock-On Brotha' !! Seriously Cool Stuff DOOD !! ;D ;)

\m/

Have a thread running in chitchat about bigger tires for this build. I get to thinking...hey! stop spending money on this build and build it already.

I have a monster truck - and stock tires.

What do you think I should use?

size.jpg

**honestly I find the stock too small and the monsters' too big. But again, they are here.

Nahhh I like the Stock tires...
Easier on Gas !!! the Monster truck tires would require a massive Frame Redo !!!

but your the Boss !

will be watching !

I should state that I have the Truck too - with the frame and suspension. I checked and I could put this body on that frame still keeping the Firebird engine.

I talk alot eh?

Just so that you know where I'm going. This build will depict a renegade crew building/repairing the car in a secret forest bunker type area. Post apocalypse style of course. - got a big vision, now just need time in the loft to pull it off.

Latest posts

Back