Scott's Post Apocalyptic Mayhem

Take some wire nippers and have at some clear styrene. That should work. Time consuming but easy. Or look for something like glitter but clear.

I've been trying to think of what to use if the window was smashed right out and little pieces of glass are inside

You could get some clear plastic pony beads,put them in a tea towel or cover them over with some cloth and hit them with a hammer,that will crush the beads into small enough pieces to resemble shattered glass.
I know the beads will be covered over with cloth but always protect your eyes.

This is a uk seller but you can find these in most craft stores.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/100-9X6mm-CLEAR-GLITTER-SPARKLE-PLASTIC-PONY-BEADS-/350456278140?pt=UK_Crafts_Beads_CA&hash=item5198d26c7c

Thanks for the comments and advice. Appreciate it.

Have some time tonight to tinker a bit. Not much to show for it. Decided to use the rear tires of of Dukes Boys Cop car and stock tires in front. I also added an extra bit of lift to the rear suspension.

lift.jpg

Ooooo ,

Th Build is starting to Percolate ! Shattered glass you say ? .... Doggonit ... there was a build on Missing Lynx a while ago. I think the guys used , AH ! Here it is ... although the Dude must've killed his flicker account, but about 1/2 way down is a description

- http://www.network54.com/Forum/110741/thread/1275569784/Tamiya+Tilly+-+Some+new+1-35+at+last--%21

I've also seen it done by putting some of that Krystal Klear on Glad Wrap & when it dries it looks like shattered glass. You can cut to fit & use th pieces to litter th ground with. I'll keep lookin' for those pix. Does any one remember seeing that. A guy showed it on a VW Bug. He did one of the side 1/4 windows & also showed how He made it. .....

Ah ha !! Here it is SCOTT ... it's actually on Modelers Alliance ... Per Olav Lund !!

- http://www.modelersalliance.com/forum/Per-Olav-Lund/7135-Broken-glass

I knew it was some where. Actually thank 'Nine .. She found it for Me !!

SCOTT,

If your tale comes true .... How are We gonna build models .... Feed our Addiction ? We'll be relegated to building in th Sewers, How will We get our Cool Armor Kits from the Far East .... ??

* Cha-Ching * Make it a Semi - Trailer loaded with Model kits & The Bandits are wearing SMA hats & shirts & We're .. I mean th "gang" is gonna Hi-Jack th truck to satisify Their Addiction .... ;D

A Tanker Truck loaded with Vallejo Paint ??? ;D ScaleModelMadMan is driving the Car & ScratchMod is ready with th Harpoon gun to take out th tires so th rest of US Addicts wil have some Paint to use ??? ;D

" Maddness ... Beyond th' Model Room " Hmmm.... sounded better in Me 'ead

noname said:
Scratchmod, I bet you didn't mean "frying the SMA banner". ;D

Scott, I think the divorce of William and Catherine is an important part of this scenario. Good thinking on your part. ;)

But, but, but. They looked so perfect together :'(

awesome stuff so far ..! scott for the broken windshield....do you have a bb-gun ?
mabey clay up the inside than ..pop ! like someone put a rock thru it

this a weird Idea but you could have mini phone books atached to the car!
They act as a bullet proof guard for the car!
who ever it is they would use what ever they could get there hands on.

I don't want to keep being a pain but could someone tell me where the spark plugs are on this engine? I can't google nothing. Thank you very much.

vroom.jpg

They are usually between that big blower and the valve covers, the long rectangular thingy with the cap on it.

Maybe on newer cars, but older engines would have the plugs mounted down in between the exhaust outlets on the head.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Sorry Scott ...Late in on this one ::), but yeah ken is right buddy ;)

Chris.

Scott Girvan said:
Rust fever alright. I've been watching your vids Rob for the past couple of days!

Grendels - yes, I want to try that and I've been racking my brain trying to figure it out.
This build presents many challenges for me and I'm loving it.

Thinking maybe trying a burned out car in the ditch - abandoned and then destroyed by hoodlums.
BURNOUT.jpg

Gonna ramble a bit cuz I need a break from page layout - don't mind me
So I've decided that I'm not going to attempt a Mad Max clone or even Post Apocalypse thing really - well, kinda. What I'm thinking is setting this is the not so distant future. The scenario I have in mind is this:

2012 Prophecy didn't happen, Global Warming was proved to be a hoax & the Marriage of Prince William & Catherine Middleton ended in a terrible divorce. The Middle East erupted in violence. The USA and Canadian economies crashed. The price of oil went through the roof. Revolutions in North America led to the fall of government and anarchy. Thousands of civilians were killed and survivors are left to there own rule. Gangs take over the pockets of society and whoever has the fuel has the power.

The diorama will depict a highway fight to capture a truck carrying fuel. The landscape will not be scorched but will definitely be neglected - there will be signs of new growth vegetation. The figures won't be dressed up like punk rockers. The scene will be on a North American highway - maybe Canadian...

And that's about it for now. Not terribly original but sounds like fun.
THANK YOU for humoring me while I daydream more than build.
Highway fight, watch Fast and Furious. There is a oil hijacking scene in that, it may help you with layout etc.

Latest posts

Back