Scott's Post Apocalyptic Mayhem

Cool Stuff Scott !!!! Going to town on this one hey ?

Still think... Orange Tuques are in order ! LOL

nice work on that Engine !!! ;D

Thank you for the comments.

What a challenging week! Very difficult to squeeze in man-cave time. I have managed to work on the 2 following items.

First, I beefed up the Firebird's exhaust pipes a bit:
exhaust.jpg

Secondly I made my first 2 part mold to cast more jerry cans. Still have to cleanup casting and make alot more:
2part.jpg

Hopefully...hopefully I can get moving on this more this week.

nice! pipes look killer. you reminded me that I need to learn how to cast stuff.

Rippin' exhaust Scott! Nice "insta'-stock" of cans you got going on too!!! Waiting on more! ;D

Nice work on the pipes.
That can looks impressive for a first mold. Excellent work there

Scott Girvan said:
Thank you for the comments.

What a challenging week! Very difficult to squeeze in man-cave time. I have managed to work on the 2 following items.

First, I beefed up the Firebird's exhaust pipes a bit:
exhaust.jpg

Secondly I made my first 2 part mold to cast more jerry cans. Still have to cleanup casting and make alot more:
2part.jpg

Hopefully...hopefully I can get moving on this more this week.

How did you do the 2 part moulding? I need some ideas for casting gear doors...

Thanks for the comments. F&F4 - I'll have to rent that.

As for 2 part molds - just do a search on youTube for "2 part mold". There are many videos explaining it. It's a bit more involved than 1 part but I'm sure anyone can be successful with it.

I have a few more things to cast like this and will include video of that in the next installment of SMA.

Ooooh ,we like big pipes ;D, nice work there Scott , Also the casting ....well done buddy ,turned out great !

Chris.

Thanks! Casting is fun and I won't use the original parts - just the castings. When my molds die I simply make new ones.

So it's May 9th....Decisions, decisions.

Realistically there is NO WAY I can possibly complete this big multi vehicle diorama by end of June. Again, my eyes were bigger than my stomach. Definately a theme in my life.

I have therefore scaled this back and have plans to finish the FireBird only. I have what I consider to be some cool ideas for this and don't want to rush it just so I can have a 3 vehicle scene. I'll build the semi some time later.

Kinda a useless post I know - but what else is new. So many cool builds for this contest. Unreal!

Here Scott ,

Fast and Furious 4 2009 HQ Trailer - Full Movie Online

YowZa ! It get's th Blood Flowin' !!! I love those Buick Regals ! Straight form th Factory They were Bad AZZ ! NASCAR inspired & it had a Big Block from what I remember.

That Exhaust is lookin Mean !! Do I see a casting demo Video in Your Future ? I've always wanted to get into casting !!! Can We twist your Arm ??

Rock That Fire Bird Brotha' !!

Bit of progress with this:

First, cast 6 jugs plus 2 fails (that I can hide in a box or something) - primered.
jugs.jpg

Started to paint engine. Rust>HS>Blue and Chrome>Chip>Matte Varnish

Going to go at this with oils, washes, pigments and add a bit of chrome back with a brush.
Gotta finish wiring it too.

engine01.jpg

Had a real breakthrough with the Vallejo paint. I had been using my Badger 150. It has a cup and is bottom feed. I tried the Badger Patriot, top gravity feed and man - WHAT A DIFFERENCE. Paint doesn't have time to dry up in the cup.

Slow progress but now I'm seeing the value of 1/2 hour here, 1/2 hour there.

Awesome weathering on that engine, Scott!
It really gives the feeling of an old device, placed in an era, where no proper supplies can be found for it, and only something between professionalism and magic of the band's mechanic keep it still working... Yeah, I'm really falling into post-apocalypsis watching Your build - very cool.

Latest posts

Back