Scott's Post Apocalyptic Mayhem

I'm with Norm, go with the stock tires and put the monster truck beside it.

The stock tires do look a bit small, but back in the day that car was on the road, we didn't have 22 inch rims. (56cm) Keep in mind that tires and other such things that wear out probably would be in short supply so they would just use normal tires.

I must be crazy. Just got confirmation from eBay seller on off-road tire size and they sound right so I bought the kit. I'll use parts from the Jeep somewhere.

Here's a size comparison:

stock.jpg

True John and Norm. But really....what fun would that be.

I got stock 15s on my real life car...can't a guy dream a little. :)

Scott Girvan said:
True John and Norm. But really....what fun would that be.

I got stock 15s on my real life car...can't a guy dream a little. :)

LOL Yes you can dream!!! They would just do what you are doing if it was a movie anyhow...... Reality doesn't play a role there.

They will defiantly add to it, no doubt. Just ignore my moment of realism for a bit. This from someone who is building a diorama of a 200ft monster.....

Scott, do whatever makes you happy. I agree with the others on the stock tires. Now if the tires you just got off ebay are like a little taller truck tire, I think they will work well allowing a little clearance off road use. You may have to radius the wheel openings if the tires are too big.

Yeah, they are a bit bigger and I'll have the open up the flares a bit. But I think it'll look cool.
I appreciate the honestly with the big tires. They do look a bit too extreme for any kind of non reality.

Bigger is better ,isnt that what they say ;D

Chris.

The monster tires will remain on the monster truck. I have some larger off road wheels coming for the car. Should still give it a mean stance though.

Man, contest time is getting shorter by the minute. I really hope I can squeeze this out. Gonna be some tight.

Everyone is doing so well with their builds. And I say that knowing that we all have lives that put such pressure on us. That building models, visiting SMA, contributing, is truly a sacrifice of time. I'm really proud to be a part of such a great group of people. Really, I am.

Th Mean Machine Livith !! I Dig th idea of the Off Road Tires. Mean Indeed !!

There was a guy that lived around th corner form Me back in th Mid 80's. He had a Camero Berlinetta on a Truck Chassis with a lift Kit. It was Bad Azz, back before They passed Height restrictions around here, the bottom of the Car's doors were 3' off the Ground !! I wish I could find th Pix ! He also had a General Lee Charger ! ... But then again His dad owned th Gas station & a Body Shop .... Some Peoples Kids ... ;D

SCOTT - I can't wait to see this Firebird get it's wings Brotha' !!!

Oh you found an. In-between Tire! Works for me! How can we predict the future? And how people would patch up their cars?.... As mentioned earlier.... Have fun and go all out!

I need to watch Mad max again! To get a better grip on the scale of your project!....

And BtW! Scott! You always pull it off! So, no worries there!

The off-road Jeep tires sound like a good idea, Scott. Looking forward to more progress

Latest posts

Back