Round 2 Models 1/537 Scale U.S.S. Reliant build with custom lighting

TrekWorks

Hello all,
new to the forums here. I have been building mostly Star Trek model kits the last few years and am entering the spring contest for the first time. This is my WIP the U.S.S. Reliant by Round 2 Models in 1/537 scale.
I am using some aftermarket upgrades from Paragrafix and Don's Light and Magic. The Model will feature custom LED Lighting as well. The photo's are of the Paragrafix shuttle bay mod being worked in.
Looking forward to seeing all the great builds at this years event. Happy Modeling everybody!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Great to have you here! Love your youtube channel and this model looks great. :)

Glad you enjoy the channel. More progress on the Reliant.

TW these close up images are a great reference tool to how you create your magic. Thanks for posting them, their a great "tell all".

TW that turned out to be a great ratheon effect you accomplished. Gather you placed a circular piece of tape on the bare plastic on the inside halves then sprayed black. Afterwards you pulled off the tape revealing the unpainted circles. Of course, and usually, I could be very wrong.

Here are some shots of the Reliant scale model progress.
The decals and painting are finished and all the lighting is done.
The model is now mounted on a hand made Mahogany wood base set up for a back lit plaque
and custom control panel.
The final update will show the finished model with the plaque and control panel in place.

Back