Revell F-15E strike Eagle 1/48 scale build

arsenalJ

Hello all,

Well this is a little intimidating I must admit. I haven't done a scale model aircraft in a long time. Besides alot of people on here make it look easy. To start I want to say I will try to make regular updates to this as much as possible, there might be some periods of length though so beware. I decided to tackle this 1/48 scale Revell F-15E Strike eagle kit to start. Also I haven't done scale in a long time because I have been doing sci-fi miniautures mainly 40k. This kit is pretty big I think, looking at it for the first time I got pretty pumped about it being finished. Here are some pics, sorry I have already started working on this when I decided to be brave enough to put up a post on it. There is only two sprue sets in bags still. sorry for the glare poor lighting in my man cave so I used the flash.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Here are a few more pics.

I have started on the cockpit area. I ordered the Avionix resin cockpit set, as well as the exhaust nozzles form Aires and some brass landing gear struts. If anyone has any advice or suggestions or criticism I would love to hear it as long as you do not bash me to hard, I will be able to hang in :D. I was really excited when I received the resin cockpit, but after inspection and further cleaning and work I am a left a little wanting. the tub itself is good and seems to be cast well. The seats as well, but the little detail like sticks, pedals, rear seat screen top, and other small items are cast on huge resin blocks. Making it very hard to cleanly cut or sand out with out breaking. I should have gone with the the Aires cockpit. To late though I have this one and I will make it work. I am alomost ready for some primer and painting. The other thing is that it did not come with a manual or diagram of some sort. There are a few items I am bewildered as to were they go.

As you can see in the pics, one of the control sticks is broken. I received it this way. The thing about resin or at least some types of resin is that they are brittle. I emailed spruebrothers.com for an instruction sheet or diagram. So hopefully I will have that soon and I can figure out were some of these parts go. As well as I think there are some modifications that need to happen. Which I am pretty sure I will figure out on my own, but instead of test fitting like crazy over and over to make sure everything is doing what it is supposed to, I would rather be shown. If anyone has or knows were to find the updated instructions please let me know. And in advance I thank you!!
Again feel free to comment.

Cool. Nice to see someone talking an Eagle. I'm just starting out with resin, it can by a bit fragile at times.

Alright arsenalJ tackling a Strike Eagle. These are nice jets. Never built one but it is on the queue for the foreseeable future so I will be eager to see yours come to life.

So today has been a little bit of progress. I was able to figure out several items places, and I also was able to put some more detail into to the tub and seats. Now I know it might not be much, but these little tiny pieces are so fragile and hard to work with when you have sausage fingers hahaha! I should be able to start getting some color on most of it by tomorrow though. There however are still 2 pieces I am not sure as to were they go. Waiting for the manufacture to send me the diagram. I stumbled on an old diagram and found it to have instructions on modding the tub and seats. Well rear seat was the only one, but that makes me hesitant to start a little on the painting. Hopefully tomorrow I will have those instructions. Hope you guys like and comments, questions, and advice is more than appreciated. Thanks for looking as well, PEACe!!

Love the Strike! Looks like your making some good progress.I am currently building a 1/32 version,and I am also using a resin cockpit.I might be able to help.

Looking forward to following your build, I also have a 1/48 Revell F-15E in my stash so any heads up you can give that I should watch out for would be helpful.

Thanks,
Holden

Latest posts

Back