Arma Hobby 1:48 scale Hurricane

ohbejuan

Picked this up at my local hobby shop (The Model Cave in Ypsilanti MI). Some of the nicest texture and detail I have ever seen in a kit. Very excited to get started. But I can't figure out what the knobs around the ejector pin marks are for.

IMG_4495.jpeg

IMG_4496.jpeg

IMG_4497.jpeg

That is a thing with Arma Hobby kits. If they get in the way you can snip them off. I want to get a few of their kits, they are known for great detail even on the 1/72 kits.

That is a thing with Arma Hobby kits. If they get in the way you can snip them off. I want to get a few of their kits, they are known for great detail even on the 1/72 kits.
Yeah I am blown away by the detail. But also pleased by the part count. More sprues than a classic Tamiya kit, but fewer than my Eduard 1/48 Wildcat. It feels like a good balance. I will let you know how it goes.

The only "downside" to the Arma Hobby kits can be the price. But considering the level of detail in the kits I think the higher price is more than warranted.

The only "downside" to the Arma Hobby kits can be the price. But considering the level of detail in the kits I think the higher price is more than warranted.
Yeah. It is comparable to the new tool of Tamiya Spitefire Mk 1 but costs $10 US more. Though it does come with masks and some resin parts.

Yeah, one of the guys in our club recently built Arma Hobby's Hurricane, finished it as an early-war intruder (night ground attacks in France). It is a very nice kit. I'm sure you'll enjoy building it! I look forward to following this one.

Best regards,
Brad

By a few dollars? Yeah, it’s worth it.

Look at Wingnuts … their WW1 aircraft kits are ridiculously priced and still are now that they’re no more.

Same thing with Dragon armor kits… highly detailed and over engineered.

Look in eBay… you’ll find vintage kits going for stupid money. There are folks out there that will spend stupid money on hard to find model kits from the 70s & 80s no matter the subject.

It’s all about preference whether you’re willing to spend the money for it.

A member over at another forum site I belong to had a different outlook on Arma kits. Fit issues, flash, etc… This is on a 1/72 scale kit. I’ve come to conclusion Arma has a habit of hyping up their kits, including their new releases. I guess you won’t know what you’re seeing until you open the box. Not saying they’re all like that but some are questionable.

A member over at another forum site I belong to had a different outlook on Arma kits. Fit issues, flash, etc… This is on a 1/72 scale kit. I’ve come to conclusion Arma has a habit of hyping up their kits, including their new releases. I guess you won’t know what you’re seeing until you open the box. Not saying they’re all like that but some are questionable.
that is most likely true. I think it is important to look past the hype, and get the opinions of those you trust. I have heard some many good things about this particular kit, I was pretty confident. Though, I do have a couple of gripes. For example, the sprues are not number sequentially. The numbers are all over the place.

My BIG PLAN for today was to mask the canopy, prime the main body, and paint already primed landing gear etc.
BUT since I decided to use the Eduard T-Face paint masks, for both inside and out of the canopy, I only managed to mask the canopy in the time I had. sigh. It always takes longer than ya think.
IMG_4702.jpeg

Latest posts

Back