Revell - D7 Battlecruiser - Romulan Stormbird

Thanks alot gentlemen. I haven't touched this all weekend I'm afraid, it's been a bad weekend for modelling. I'll try to get some done tonight.

Wow, man, this looks brilliant!
Those hull looks extremely cool, and very true to the sense of the original series. Now no way I can miscall this a klingon ship - no doubt there are Romulans building their evil plans inside it ;)
And btw, as an answer to our discussion - I think that it is an inability to keep it as simple as possible and not to bother to much about the elements of the build that really keeps us evolving, and plays as a sign of a great modeler.
I don't want however to say by these words that simple ootb builds are a no go in modeling society - I do feel sometimes that I want to have a sort of a relaxing easy several-days-long project.
It is just that without an unstruggleable willingness to improve and build better then I can right now I would have never any higher level I had at the very beginning.
Looking at how long You're in the hobby for now, and what progress and skills You've achieved, I think it is quet possible to agree, that this sign I'm talking about does has a place to exist ;)

Thanks very much Sol. I think it is a case of wanting to improve and I know that the more time I spend on the model, the more I learn. I just didn't want to do it the contest! ;D

Don't know all of the technical "Trek Speak"

But i do know a fantastic paint job when i see one :eek:

that pre-shading is killer young man ;D

Great stuff Iain

Gag

Thanks Tony, appreciate it mate. :)

Work on the base begins.

2012-05-31_20-50-15_450.jpg

Added some extra details to the model to accurise it more towards the Thomas Marrone video game model.

http://www.theromulancargobay.webspace.virginmedia.com/shipbuilding/Revell%20Romulan%20Stormbird/2012-06-03_22-23-47_823.jpg/img]

[img]http://www.theromulancargobay.webspace.virginmedia.com/shipbuilding/Revell%20Romulan%20Stormbird/2012-06-03_22-24-08_463.jpg

2012-06-03_22-24-41_234.jpg

The command section is complete. I might touch up some of the grill work at a later time.

2012-06-03_23-10-39_147.jpg

The base continues. I added some plastic feet to the corners and then added some rubber feet to the bottom of them. This way, I now have enough room for the batteries and the push switch (which is quite big).

2012-06-04_00-10-11_37.jpg

Primered the primary hull. Primarily.

2012-06-04_00-16-49_229.jpg

Only a couple of places to sand properly.

2012-06-04_00-18-14_923.jpg

And still some of that detail shows through.

2012-06-04_00-19-50_175.jpg

Getting places now with her. Can't wait to start painting the main hull. Should be lots of fun. I'm not being sarcastic, it was alot fun adding all those pseudo panels and shading on the command section, this is alot more work, but I'm looking forward to it.

Iain

OH YEAH.... I have been waiting for some more pix on this one! She's looking good, but can't wait to see her finished.
Also....I have a super secret concept/idea thingy, that I wanted to keep under wraps, but I think it's something you might find interesting as well. :) ;)

ModelMakerMike said:
Also....I have a super secret concept/idea thingy, that I wanted to keep under wraps, but I think it's something you might find interesting as well. :) ;)

You mean your Balance of Terror Bird of Prey build you mentioned a while back? Yes Mike my Tal-Shiar operatives have reported your plans to me. We know everything! ;D

Thanks dude. :)

@SLW45, thanks mate. :)

Just getting caught up on a few of these builds. This one is looking good. Especially those graphics! They make the bridge section pop!

Thanks Grendels. It was really great to talk to the creator of those graphics. He was very enthusiastic about the build. I haven't shown him any pics yet, I want to get it just right before I show him anything.

This absolutely great, Igard, buddy!
A perfect sense of shadong, and the sweets box made an awesome looking base, which, besides everything, fits the overall design greatly.
I am one hundred percents enjoying this superb build! :)

that bridge looks..............

Romulany!

and the detail looks................... annoying!

Thanks Sol and Dave! 8)

Got quite alot done on her this past week or so. I'll probably have a big update soon. :D

Looking forward to your next update! It looks fantastic so far. the hard work definitely shows.

Cheers Glor, MacGagver and Mr N. 8)

I'm afraid I lied. There isn't a big update. I almost had the base finished, but I used way too much glue and ended up with a massive mess everywhere! Not to worry, I can fix it easily, but need to re-scratch and re-paint some parts.

In the mean-time only a couple of pics for you:-

Preshading.

2012-06-10_22-34-44_883.jpg

The pseudo panelling. You can see that I've blended the command section and the neck and am about to do the main ventral hull.

2012-06-15_01-41-39_256.jpg

That's most of it out the way, and the rest should get done fairly quick. Not far off now, unless something else crops up that is!

Latest posts

Back