Jeeves' Revell '77 GMC Wrecker

Jeeves said:
Thanks T!! Gotta start using those rust tips you gave me a ways back ;)

LOL..."Grip-N-Rip"!! :) All about letting loose and having some fun!! :eek:

Been working on the wrecker mostly this weekend...I have to say- the fit on this kit is exceptional...I have barely had to use glue- everything just fits together so well. Pretty much done with basic assembly-- and now I just need to pull out all the stops on weathering...
001~85.jpg
002~83.jpg
003~85.jpg
004~78.jpg

Looks great,,, Good choice to ditch the kit option for the line.... Looking forward to more....

Thanks guys!

Started working some pigments into the mix...got loads more to play with still...

Bit of an update after playing around with the Dremel stylus and some pigments...way more to go ;)

006~70.jpg
005~78.jpg
004~79.jpg

Found some spare tires to add to the mix...
003~86.jpg

Nearly there...not much left to do-- any suggestions or feedback is welcomed ;)
004~80.jpg
Going to add a bit more weathering to the front of the hood and the plow front...
002~85.jpg
001~87.jpg
003~87.jpg

Thanks CT and John-- hoping to get that gleam on the boom toned down a load....nearly there...

OK...had some weird sort of flu bug knock me out for a stretch there...but I have overcome. And about the only way this could get any dirtier is if I let my dogs lay in it ;) Calling this one done!
008~51.jpg
009~43.jpg
010~33.jpg
007~64.jpg
011~28.jpg

This is great. I just got one of these at hl. Gonna do a worn wrecker also. Got a question. Where did u get the mags and McDonald's bag from?

Thanks guys!

I just did a Google search for 1977 ads and magazine covers-- scaled them down in size and printed them...

Latest posts

Back