Revell 1/12 '57 Chevy

Toppervision

Oh boy, here we go again. Those of you that know me from Youtube know this car well. This is my "Eleanor" if you catch my drift. This car is more a thorn in my side that keeps haunting me. It started as a gift to my father-in-law and it still is. Meant to represent the car that he had when he was younger. The color is a match as are the options apparently "close enough." But he had a custom interior which he cannot describe accurately enough to me so that's where we've been "stuck" for like 3 years. Recently he has agreed to allowing the stock silver and black interior offered by Chevy from the factory. So......game on. Below are some pics of where the progress of the car is now. I have just yesterday started the interior so this will be a build thread. Stay tuned.

frontclip.jpg

side.jpg

undercarriage.jpg

motor2.jpg

Nice job, had to look twice at the first pic, thought it was the real thing

Here's an update to this car. I've basically got the dash board painted. That regular Testors silver around the gauges and Model Master chrome on the long strip. And that's all just one piece. The speedo is a printout of a real 57 speedo. Seats next.

Finisheddash.jpg

Latest posts

Back