Q&A | Aircraft Group Build - Navy and Marine Aircraft

Now That's a great list Ace ;D .... enough to wet anyone's appetite.. Bring on October 1. Can't wait
FW190

I have it narrowed down to 3, providing I have the time, since I might be biting off more than I can chew with the DANA for the other GB.

Anyway, these are the 3 I am thinking about.

lhbos0360.jpg

And after seeing Chris S's awesome Seafire build.....I think I too would do this with the wing fold. Leaning more toward this one than anything, but we will see.

p7076_00b.jpg

Or, something completely different.

internethobbies_2171_30983925

Italeri Su-27D Sea Flanker

Thanks Buddy ,Thats a great compliment :)....Cant wait to get stuck into the Arado 196 ;D....wings folded again ;)

Chris.

that arado is going to be sweet. defo on my list of aircraft to build before i die :)

Elm City Hobbies said:
13aceofspades13 said:
Gentleman... ladies, i know what i am building, more later on that... :D :D :D

I know what you are building also! And it is a sweet kit! The big brother to one of my choices!

yes indeed. beautiful kit, cant wait to start building it...

Eduard 1/48th scale Hellcat!

the kit is just nuts, comes with Photo etch, all sorts of extra aftermarket peaces optional engine cowls all sorts of optional Decals Canopy masks... my lord the list goes on and on.

spud said:
that arado is going to be sweet. defo on my list of aircraft to build before i die :)

I'd recommend getting one ,its a beautiful kit and at the price !!...what can I say ,its cheaper than a lot of 1/48 A/C .

Chris.

Chris S said:
spud said:

I'd recommend getting one ,its a beautiful kit and at the price !!...what can I say ,its cheaper than a lot of 1/48 A/C .

Chris.

I own the kit, and it looks great. I want to do the version for the Thor. German ship, German crew, operating in the Pacific, flying a plane painted in an IJN scheme of green/grey including the hinomuras. very cool.

That sounds very cool fella :)....Are you doing it for the GB ?

Chris.

Alright, I'm all set to build

153860+VMFA-451.jpg

I've got this kit on the way:

HAS00007206_0_l.jpg

As well as a decal set to make the scheme happen, and some cockpit goodies from eduard:

screenshot20110907at342.jpg

I've certainly never used any PE before, so that'll be an adventure right there. Can't wait to get started.

so... you are gonna build this one... OOB right ?

Awesome ! Those Edwards are pretty neat little Ensemble !!!

Good luck with that ! should be a sweet little kit once done !

Everybody always thinks P-51 or F4U, but the Hellcat is the plane that won the Pacific and the Wildcat held the line.

schweinhund227 said:
so... you are gonna build this one... OOB right ?

Awesome ! Those Edwards are pretty neat little Ensemble !!!

Good luck with that ! should be a sweet little kit once done !

well... sort of OOB, there is not much improvement you can make too this beast! may add some personal touches too the paint, but if i can add details i will... but yea mostly OOB.

Gundamhead said:
Everybody always thinks P-51 or F4U, but the Hellcat is the plane that won the Pacific and the Wildcat held the line.

Yeah ,its the same with the Battle of Britain ....The Spitfire was the looker ...but the Hurricane was the workhorse and saw most of the action ;)

Chris.

Latest posts

Back