Q&A | Aircraft Group Build - Navy and Marine Aircraft

Junkie

3323.jpg

Aircraft Group Build - Navy and Marine Aircraft
Any era
Any country
Any scale
Navy and Marine Aircraft (Aircraft must have served with said country's Navy or Marine Forces)
Potentially WWII US aircraft will dominate this, leaves it open for British, CDN, French, Soviet, etc, etc. We could potentially see from Swordish to Super Hornet, Flying Banana to a Zulu Cobra, and all points in between.
No entry fee.
Group Build runs from October 1, 2011 ~ February 29th, 2012.

The group build host is 13aceofspades13. Please direct all questions and concerns to him.

As an added bonus (to entice you to finish) when the GB is done, we will put up a separate thread of all of the finished builds. There will also be random prize giveaways of a $20 GC for use on ElmCityHobbies.com and SMA stuff. Only those with a finished build are eligable.

Start planning!

Coolio !!! Think I'll do something German Navy ;D......Im in ;)

Chris.

As for me, I have a 1/48 Huey.

Been really considering a 1/35 Cobra too.

No matter which one, I'm in with a helicopter.

I'll join in too. I'm not sure what I'll build as yet, got a a number of possible choices; I've got a Swordfish, a Gannet, a Flanker D, another Wyvern, a J7W1 Shinden, and a F-8J Crusader. Would an X-35 count, prototype was pitched to the navy and the marines.

Looking forward to it. :)

JMac

Ok ......This one is my entry ;D Been looking for an excuse to build it ;D

DSCF3534.jpg

Chris.

oh thats actulay a nice kit. i think you have the option to fold the wings on her.

I already got one in mind... I'll do another 1/72 kit, aside from the raptor that I'm building, Maybe an Air National Guard F-16 or WWII Prop type plane. ^^

Just need to research colors and markings for a Royal Navy Spitfire to use on my Academy 1/48 kit

Another GB?

Wow! Any Naval aircraft! Or Marines Air support ! Sounds like a fun Theme!

I'll have a look around! Oh. I do!

I'm in.

Eastrock said:
I already got one in mind... I'll do another 1/72 kit, aside from the raptor that I'm building, Maybe an Air National Guard F-16 or WWII Prop type plane. ^^

How about an F-18 instead? ;)

Eastrock said:

Not to be the bearer of bad news...but an ANG F-16 wouldn't qualify.

Navy F-16N aggressor now would be just fine.

alright people, lets kick some tires and light some fires, prep your aircraft for takeoff, and lets get ready to rock and role!

i will hopefully scrounge up something to build, i know for a fact i can post the F-106X beacuse i think it was carrier based.. but the bad thing is its USAF.

Elm City Hobbies said:
Not to be the bearer of bad news...but an ANG F-16 wouldn't qualify.

Navy F-16N aggressor now would be just fine.

Hi Scott, Thanks for the heads up!! An aggressor is a great Idea, I'll try to research for more info... since we have more time to decide, I'm still new in building A/C ^^

ShutterAce said:
How about an F-18 instead? ;)

A hornet? I'm thinking about the movie Top Gun ^^ Does the Mig 25 Qualify?

Yeah, F-106 was never carrier based, strictly an AF aircraft

thats funny, the kit came with a hook for catching the cable... i dont now much about the F-106...

Elm City Hobbies said:
Yeah, F-106 was never carrier based, strictly an AF aircraft
Carsenault said:
13aceofspades13 said:
alright people, lets kick some tires and light some fires, prep your aircraft for takeoff, and lets get ready to rock and role!

i will hopefully scrounge up something to build, i know for a fact i can post the F-106X beacuse i think it was carrier based.. but the bad thing is its USAF.

To my knowledge, the 106 was never carrier based, and I dont believe it was ever operated by a naval or marine unit. Sorry dude

Ace - If you really want to to build a delta wing Marine fighter, take a look around for an F-21 (basically a leased Israli Kfir). I think that would be a wicked cool subject.

Latest posts

Back