Pile of (Jungle) Scrap, Curtiss P-40N Warhawk, Matchbox 1/72

Nice finish on the base and the P-40 C.P.O. I really like the base adds a lot of interest to the presentation. I might have missed it, but what national markings are those on the P-40.

Well, C.P.O.....at a glance I'd have to say that the P-40 has been shot down. ;D
But seriously, it looks great! the jungle work was very very good. Love the trees.
It does kind of make the P-40 seem really small, but it all works. Gives the impression of desolation. :)
Good work, and what seems like short order.
;D

JMac said:
Nice finish on the base and the P-40 C.P.O. I really like the base adds a lot of interest to the presentation. I might have missed it, but what national markings are those on the P-40.

Thanks JMac. Those are the markings of the Netherlands East India Air Force (NEIAF), Dutch Military in Indonesia. They were destroyed during the japanese invasion and rebuilt in Australia. They fought against Japan beside RAAF and RNZAF.

ModelMakerMike said:
Well, C.P.O.....at a glance I'd have to say that the P-40 has been shot down. ;D
But seriously, it looks great! the jungle work was very very good. Love the trees.
It does kind of make the P-40 seem really small, but it all works. Gives the impression of desolation. :)
;D

Thanks MMM, glad you like her. I had some problems to find the right size for the trees, indeed, but I found this video on Youtube:
FW190 found in forest clearing - Outside of Leningrad
So I got almost the measures for the trees. As far as I know, this trees in russia shouldnt be much smaller as they at the indonesian rain forrest

Chief, yeah, "what a pile of scrap"... ;D (+ "sarcastic laugh")...

I don´t know if the models are a pile of scrap or what, but in that case you are touching them like the fairy that transformed the mouses in horses in the Cinderella tale... ;)

Cheers,
(( psssst... I wan´t to be able to "scrap" like you ))
RG

Jelly said:
Chief, yeah, "what a pile of scrap"... ;D (+ "sarcastic laugh")...

I don´t know if the models are a pile of scrap or what, but in that case you are touching them like the fairy that transformed the mouses in horses in the Cinderella tale... ;)

Cheers,
(( psssst... I wan´t to be able to "scrap" like you ))
RG

Haha! Thanks Jelly, but "Pile of scrap" means the initial situation. All POS-Models are from my scrap box, filled with unfinished models and stuff. I decidet to built em all before I open a new box.

Chiefpettyofficer said:
ModelMakerMike said:
;D

Thanks MMM, glad you like her. I had some problems to find the right size for the trees, indeed, but I found this video on Youtube:
FW190 found in forest clearing - Outside of Leningrad
So I got almost the measures for the trees. As far as I know, this trees in russia shouldnt be much smaller as they at the indonesian rain forrest

all i have to say is, that pilot is lucky that his plane was not ripped to bits buy trees...

13aceofspades13 said:
all i have to say is, that pilot is lucky that his plane was not ripped to bits buy trees...

Yeah, but maybe the trees around grow later. She lays there for 70 Years...

Chiefpettyofficer said:
13aceofspades13 said:

Yeah, but maybe the trees around grow later. She lays there for 70 Years...

your right, at the time some of those trees could have been saplings.

Chiefpettyofficer said:
13aceofspades13 said:
your right, at the time some of those trees could have been saplings.

Yepp, Birches growing very fast.

yea could have crash landed or bellied in a open spot with only some swamp grass and stuff, maybe a sapling or two...

Latest posts

Back