Pile of (Jungle) Scrap, Curtiss P-40N Warhawk, Matchbox 1/72

Chiefpettyofficer

...we all are victims of Shermans march to the sea
Ok, another one....

I found an P-40 and so there was the question again, what to do with her. I researched the Internet for some inspiration, but there were nothing I liked. It had to be a different camo scheme, not standart US or british colors. Then I found it! A Picture of a P-40, serving in the Netherlands East Indian Air Force!! This was my taste of being unusual, so I decided to wrap her in dutch colors :)
But she should not be only in dutch colors. I wanted to see her down. In the Jungle. Somewere, shot down by an japanese fighter ace :)

Inspired from Scotts Battle of Britain diorama, I regarded my P-40 and started to cut off some airbrakes, elevators and the yaw. Beside that, I started the neccessary Jungle diorama...

[attachment deleted by admin]

After taking the first measures, I started to build up the jungle. I have many old diorama material, that should be used up. The logs are an old anhydrous (I hope, thats correct) yukka-palm tree. They looking great. Im working on a solution for the palm leaves, too. Maybe paper or something... Meanwhile the P-40 got an white Tamiya coating, making her ready for painting.

Im sorry for posting only a few images of the model, but I guess Im building faster than I can take photos ;D

Man...you are a machine ,you just keep turnign them out !!....Great idea for a dio tho' and some good work .I like the base its very well done . I look forward to the finish :)

Chris.

Chris S said:
Man...you are a machine ,you just keep turnign them out !!....Great idea for a dio tho' and some good work .I like the base its very well done . I look forward to the finish :)

Chris.

Youre right. I need to clean the bench for the MF Group Build :)

Excellent work on the dio so far.
Also liking the damage you're started on the P40

A Jungle update. As you know, I looked for a solution for the palm branches. I tried this:

I cut several branches from yellow Tonpapier and glued a small piece of conductor on each of them. I airbrushed them with some green tones and.... voilá... Palm branches...

I glued all leaves on the Yukka-sticks and drybrushed them with XF-4 and several pastell colors. The mid vegetation has to be increased, but not too much. Otherwise the P-40 are buried and invisible...

Now that looks brilliant ....great idea for the leaves ...I like it ...lots :)

Chris.

Nice solution for the leaves.
This should look really nice when you put her all together

Sooo, I painted the P-40 and set her into the diorama. Only a few parts missing but it looks like very good :) What do you think?

I think you're right !!...Looks very good Chief :)....well done !

Chris.

Latest posts

Back