Photobucket alternative ?

rookie

This is not a toy
Everytime I use photobucket it seems to crash windows, anyone else encounter this problem or is it just my crappy PC in its death throes? :mad:

Been eyeing off the new Ipad as it has a pretty decent camera so I hear, and it would save at least one step by transfering pics to your pc... be interested to hear from anyone currently using one.

In the mean time if any one has any alternative to posting pics would be happy to hear them .

Cheers

For posting photos I'm using postimage.
Very nice image hosting, everything needed to use with forums and stuff.
I didn't have any bad experience using photobucket however, but I consider it to be a bit more slow and unfriendly in the means of interface then the postimage.

I haven't had a problem with photobucket, but I know there are others out there

I use Photobucket for all my model & WIP pics, no problems so far. For family pics it's Shutterfly. No real preference as they both seem to work the same.

Fotki,

Been using it for years. Always found photobucket slow when viewing photos. Maybe it is just me, but I don't have that problem with Fotki.

Photobucket is pretty heavy in Flash and XML coding. It makes a browser hog a Tom of resources. I think there may be an option for a "simple loader" thatsy tax your system much less. IMGUR is a decent share site as well but it's a little more campy and geared to the reddit/4chan crowd.

Latest posts

Back