P-47D 'Big Ass Bird'

Nice! Paint looks excellent Chris. Gotta like those colourful markings too...They really bring the NMF to life. Almost there Buddy!!

Definitely right at the finish Chris!! Stupendous dec work there!!! A real looker!! ;)

Thanks a lot guys ,

Glorfindel ,the panel lines are done with a wash ,Im always up for trying something a little different and for this one I took AK Interactives Engine oil ,thinned with some AK white spirit to make a wash and ran it into the panel lines ,I like the effect it gives and how it flows ,so I will be using it again :)

Mmmmm seems PB messed up one of the pics ::) I've had to reload the one thats missing ...so here it is ....

DSCF4542-1.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Chris.

Hey Chris S, nice looking "JUG". If I remember correctly, this kit comes with a
slew of armament options. How are you going to field her out? I always thought the
rocket package was neat. Anytime you see the wreckage of a Tiger tank cracked open
like a walnut and flipped on its back...those rockets were the cause.
Looking forward to the finish.

Thanks guys .

Panzerman , she will have two bombs ,rocket launchers and the underbelly external fuel tank ;D Loaded up ;D

Chris.

Hi folks ,

Time to put this one to bed :) ....Not really happy with it ,especially the decs :mad: no matter what I did with them I could not get the carrier film to disappear ! ,so if you've got this kit ...please get some AM decs ,apart from the that ,the kit is actually quite good and I enjoyed the build ,its got lots of potential .

I kept this build pretty clean ,only putting on some minor smoke staining etc .

Anyhoo some pics .......

DSCF4582.jpg
DSCF4583.jpg
DSCF4590.jpg
DSCF4589.jpg
DSCF4588.jpg
DSCF4587.jpg
DSCF4586.jpg
DSCF4585.jpg
DSCF4594.jpg
DSCF4591.jpg
DSCF4592.jpg
DSCF4595.jpg
DSCF4593.jpg

Thanks for looking ,and all the great comments .

Chris.

That looks great Chris!!! And I'm not saying that just because it's a P-47. ;)

Hey , what red is that? It almost looks neon.

Yeah, she looks fantastic in the photos Chris! Some very convincing streaking and what not there...I'm taking notes Buddy. The prop looks shiny...Is that intentional or is it camera flash or...? Great result for what you said was a quickie Chris. Great result!

Thanks fella's ,

Shutterace , the Red is Vallejo 70947 .

FT, yeah the prop is shiney ,I havent fixed it on and might try a matt coat on it ,but then again ,might just let it go ...its only going to sit in a shop window so it wont be seen too close ...thank goodness ::)

Chris.

Wait... where's the model? All I see is a P-47 1:1.... ;)

Great finish Chris, the loadout is especially kicking!

Chris S said:
Thanks fella's ,

Shutterace , the Red is Vallejo 70947 .

FT, yeah the prop is shiney ,I havent fixed it on and might try a matt coat on it ,but then again ,might just let it go ...its only going to sit in a shop window so it wont be seen too close ...thank goodness ::)

Chris.

No worries Chris...Prop'll get covered with a layer of dust in the shop window in no time! Geez, if my longtime builds could just look half as good as your quickie builds ::)

Thanks Fruit, To kind fella :)

FT , dont be so hard on yourself buddy ,you're doin just fine ;)

Chris.

Chris, I think that, as the builder, you are seeing the flaws that others overlook. I think this is a great-looking model, honestly. Looks beautiful! I still can't tell what problems you had with the decals. :)

Latest posts

Back