Omega 7 Helicarrier

That's looking really cool, especially the engine housings, looks integrated into the hull very well!

Absolutely love it bro... you've done a great job on this so far... .the engine housings came out great (I love me some Aves!) Can't wait to see the finished product!

unttld,
I've known about that one for awhile now. Used to be a regular customer over there.
She should be a beaut, but I was trying for something a little more 'personal' with this one.

Cave_Dweller and LrdSatyr8,
Thanks for the comments on the engines.

I just have a couple of things to tidy up, and she'll really be done.
By the way, putting landing gear on 1/700 scale aircraft is NO FUN AT ALL :p :p :p :p

Thanks, LrdSatyr8.

And now, just a teaser for tonight's update
Helicarrier-SMA-88.jpg

Here's the actual update, Tailor

And, here we go with the final update on the Helicarrier Columbia build.

After a coat of Future, we do the decalling.
The main runway was applied in segments to make it easier to get it to lie down, especially as it came over the main elevator.
Also applied the "Omega 7" logo to the foredeck between the catapults
Helicarrier-SMA-79.jpg

The "Omega 7" logo was added to both sides of the bridge island
Helicarrier-SMA-80.jpg
Helicarrier-SMA-81.jpg

"Columbia" decals were added to the nameplates on the bow and stern, as well as another "Omega 7" for the underisde of the bow.
Helicarrier-SMA-82.jpg
Helicarrier-SMA-83.jpg

The windows on the bridge island and command deck were painted in with a metallic light blue.
I did this by dabbing the paint into the window frames, then wiping off the excess paint from the frames.
Black wash was added to the lift fan supports, as well as the undersides of the lift fans and main thrust nozzles
After fighting a bit with the tiny 1/700 aircraft (namely their landing gear and rudders) I got a few done for the flight deck.
For now, we have Changewind One, 2 F-14 Tomcats, 2 F-18 Hornets, and a SU-33 Flanker.
These were given a coat of light grey for the underside, followed by a top coat of darker primer and Testors Graphite Dust.
"Omega 7" logos were drawn onto the wings with a fine tip Sharpie, and the canopies were drawn in with the same.
On CW, I also drew in the intakes on the upper mounted engines.
After giving the whole thing a coat of Alclad Matte, I glued the planes into place.

Finished build pics
Helicarrier-SMA-84.jpg

Helicarrier-SMA-85.jpg

Helicarrier-SMA-86.jpg
Helicarrier-SMA-87.jpg
Helicarrier-SMA-88.jpg

Helicarrier-SMA-89.jpg

Helicarrier-SMA-90.jpg

Helicarrier-SMA-91.jpg

Helicarrier-SMA-92.jpg

Helicarrier-SMA-93.jpg

Helicarrier-SMA-94.jpg

Helicarrier-SMA-95.jpg

Helicarrier-SMA-96.jpg

Youtube link:
Omega 7 Helicarrier-SMA 2013-Part Eight-Finale

Q... you are the man! That came out looking fantastic... I'm sure you are super proud of it too! Great work my friend!

--smiles--
Thanks, guys. Your encouragement helped me get this big ol' girl done.

Latest posts

Back