Old male armour

Well I have a hell of alot of spare part's unless I missed something with this kit. Anyone else doing this one have the same?
Pantherman

The Female I am doing is the same. The same kit is used for the Mk IV or V as well so there are parts for that later mark in there.

Definately a boatload of extra parts in these Takon Kits the Female is even worse than the male because it has a lot of the Mark 1 Male parts in it. I've built everything except the sponsons on my Female version now. It was a lot easier to do the second time around, and I wasn't taking any photos.

Did remember today that I was going to mention the assembly in the trapezoidal box on the back of the center section is a whole lot easier to build if you build it on the back of the center section instead of trying to do it as a separate piece.

I'm going to attempt a WW1 Camo Scheme on this and decided I should paint it in assemblies. Once I get the sponsons built (Probably Tuesday) I'll attach them to the sides and then try painting all of the assemblies in the photo below separate. Be an interesting experiment. I'll take pictures of that as I go.

Here's what I got done since yesterday morning.

SunNight.jpg

My kit arrived today! Just looking over it I was impressed. Please keep in mind I'm new to scale models (last one I touched was at least 20 years ago and wasn't serious and even then barely tried...more like 30 some years).

Because of this thread I decided first thing was to assemble the track. I got one set assembled (all 90 pieces) tonight.

IMG_20240220_204704584.jpg

I started on the striping. My tape slipped and now I have red mufflers. And now it will be touch up time.
So far I'm really not jazzed with my build. One thing is I need to readdress the red and white stripes.

View attachment 113950

View attachment 113951
I kind of like the overspray, makes it look very "in the field " painted. Loving the weathering and texture. Great build my friend. PM

I started on the striping. My tape slipped and now I have red mufflers. And now it will be touch up time.
So far I'm really not jazzed with my build. One thing is I need to readdress the red and white stripes.

View attachment 113950

View attachment 113951

My favorite part about building armor is it's pretty much never too late, and there is no right or wrong. I think the red and white looks really good for a heavily worn presentation. I would just touch up the mufflers and red run across the rear then chip and scratch the green to kind of match the white and red. Throw a light-colored filter over it, and a titanium white oil dry brush and I think it would look great. A little over beat up for some peoples taste maybe, but I bet it would still look good. I've found sometimes it's best to just go with it even if it isn't what you originally envisioned. To me that is the artistic part, being a very technical person I've had to really work at the artistic side. I also don't like starting over, I just try to do the next one better than the last.

I got some more work on my Female Mark 1 done last night. These machine-gun pedestals and guards are really fiddley. It'll be interesting to see if they come anywhere close to lining up with the walls of the sponson. It looks like if not the guards can be just glued in place, so they look good from the outside.

F Machine.jpg

Last edited:
My favorite part about building armor is it's pretty much never too late, and there is no right or wrong. I think the red and white looks really good for a heavily worn presentation. I would just touch up the mufflers and red run across the rear then chip and scratch the green to kind of match the white and red. Throw a light-colored filter over it, and a titanium white oil dry brush and I think it would look great. A little over beat up for some peoples taste maybe, but I bet it would still look good. I've found sometimes it's best to just go with it even if it isn't what you originally envisioned. To me that is the artistic part, being a very technical person I've had to really work at the artistic side. I also don't like starting over, I just try to do the next one better than the last.

I got some more work on my Female Mark 1 done last night. These machine-gun pedestals and guards are really fiddley. It'll be interesting to see if they come anywhere close to lining up with the walls of the sponson. It looks like if not the guards can be just glued in place, so they look good from the outside.

View attachment 114021
Thanks for the encouraging words. :D

Latest posts

Back