Naboo Starfighter 1/72 Fine Molds

nicholassagan said:
Wow!! She turned out great!!! Are you still doing the base then? And for some reason...I've not been getting updates!!!
Thanks Nick, yup still doing the base. Here's the underneath of the ship and the base dry fitted:
IMG_3263.jpg
IMG_3186.jpg

Thanks Q, yeah the stand looks good once the starfighter's on it. I thought it looked a little odd at first.

Thats looking real nice John ,I like the contrast with the chrome & yellow :)

Chris.

The chrome came out really well....looks like metal, the sheen on the yellow is spot on,......post more pics

J

Hey guys here's the final pics. Before I post the photos I'd like to again thank HLJ for supplying the kit and SMA for giving me the chance to do the review. I seriously recommend picking one of these up it's been a lot of fun:

http://www.hlj.com/product/FNMSW-15

So here's what I wanted to do on the base, you can see from this screen grab that the flooring has lights and black and grey flooring.
vlcsnap-2012-07-18-21h24m44s105.png
So rather than keeping it a boring grey colour I wanted to represent what's seen on film:
IMG_3229.jpg
And here's a side shot complete with pilot:
IMG_3260.jpg
Thanks for all the comments and for looking guys.
MJ

That is some (inter)stellar work there MJ!!! Fantastic job on this one...well done!! ;)

First time ive looked in since you started mj and WOW thats Epic, outstanding finish, love the base

Beautiful job, the display doesn't distract your attention from the ship.

I was going to suggest maybe the floor had a bit of a sheen... Like porcelain or marble, but I think what you decided is best....there's enough reflections in the fighter

The lights add the final touch, it looks like she's ready to take off

J

*EDIT* I posted that last post on my iPod, now seeing those images on a laptop there is a soft sheen on the floor, looks luvly!!

J

Latest posts

Back