Naboo Starfighter 1/72 Fine Molds

Wow, that chrome came out well!

Beautiful job MJ, will you be weathering it slightly?

J

Thanks J, yeah this will get weathered, only panel lines and some streaking here and there though. Maybe some soot from the cannons ;D 8) They kept them pretty clean.

Nice work with the Alclads John :) ....looking good mate !

Chris.

Very nice J, I'd be proud of that! 8) I'm adding some weathering but I don't know if it will be that 'DIRTY' lol

Another update chaps,
Started on the pre shade on the body. I first masked off the cockpit so not to get any pesky overspray:
IMG_3109.jpg
Then I moved onto the actual pre shade. I chose xf-9 Hull Red heavily thinned and shot through the fine spraying Badger Velocity Airbrush.
IMG_3110.jpg
I'm hoping to gradually build up the right colour, starting with the 'redish' colour of the pre shade then onto a yellow/orange and so on until I get the rich yellow seen in the films.

Interesting process outlined...silly question, have you used a method like this before? Is it a car painting technique? It's a good idea and it'll neat to see the results.

TRM said:
Some nice detail shading John!! She's looking real good!! ;)

Thanks Todd ;D

nicholassagan said:
Interesting process outlined...silly question, have you used a method like this before? Is it a car painting technique? It's a good idea and it'll neat to see the results.

Cheers Nick, it isnt a silly question, yes I have used used this technique before with good results and I dont know about the auto side of things...I reckon it would work. :) Thanks for the interest, I'll post picks of it done when it's ready.

Thanks Q, you don't often get to use the technique on star wars models due to them usually always being grey lol.

Looks like a fun kit! I actually like the fact that has the option to put Anakin Skywalker, that tickles me. ;D

It's on my list for myself.

Yeah it's a great little kit.
Right guys, the paintjob's done on the 'yellow'. Started off with a pre shade of xf-9 Hull Red, then onto a mix of x-6 Orange and xf-3 Flat Yellow. Finished off with highlights mix of x-8 Lemon Yellow and xf-2 Flat White.
IMG_3119.jpg
Next up will be a coat of Klear and then the weathering can start ;D

Oh beautiful! That pre-shading turned out great!!!

Quick Q tho, why didn't you prime the pieces before preshading?

Cheers Nick, thanks for the interest. I didn't prime it because with the amount of paint going on I didn't want to loose detail and make the panel lines faint etc. Four layers of paint has been applied before the Gloss coat has even been put on lol.

Wow, 4 already! Yeah, I kind of figured that was why...good thing to keep in mind with this kit in this scale.

Latest posts

Back