Mr. Surfacer article

wow i think i'm going to get myself some, i was going to try and swap over to MR color paints but was a bit scaired off buy a rumor i heard that it can be disasterous if they are put with tamiya., no idea iff its true though ???

I'm using those for quite along time now and I can honestly say it's one of the best if not the best surfacers out there. You can also buy surfacer from Gaianotes which is the same as Mr. Surfacer 1000 it just have a bit different shade of grey, as Gaianotes is producing Surfacers and paints for Mr. Hobby.
Cheers
Lukasz

DXM said:
I did notice that these little spider web like threads formed from the edge of the part but a quick wipe with your finger they were gone
I would guess the reason for this that the paint was a bit too thick when something like that happens you just need to add a bit more thinner. At least it always works for me.
Cheers
Lukasz

Thanks Lukasz.
I figured it out a little later. I wasn't sure how much lacquer thinner to use. Didn't want to spray too much thinner and melt the model. From the results I received, I'm switching from Tamiya primer from the can to Mr. Surfacer throught the airbrush.

I have also had good luck with Mr. Surfacer 500 on my latest build. Near the end of the job I experienced the webbing and clogging. After a good cleaning I was back in business.

Latest posts

Back