ModelMan's MPC Cutaway

Tom if you loose a light or something stops working how
do you trace it down with all those wires.......god bless you! ;D

Hey all! So I stopped by to express regret at not hitting the Feb 29 deadline only to find it's now open-ended! Phew! Thanks, Quar!

I also expected my post to be dead last on page 3, only to have found it sitting in the middle of page 2! There are just as many folks that haven't posted updates behind me as there are ahead. To the diligent amongst us, I tip my hat! To the rest like me, I know how it is!!! This J2 has been a time killer for me. Though I am glad to say that I'm finally getting to the lighting on that which means the end game overall!

Sticky: Priority is like USD$18, but 1st class is ~$12, so for that extra ~£3, you get it in a week instead of 2-3 weeks and a box instead of a padded envelope. Ordering more amortizes that shipping on a per foot cost basis as I can fit up to 8yds into the same small priority box. The USPS rates went up on Jan 1 this year. The Smooth blue looks great in Trek kits and I'll have a new product example in the next week or so on my modelersbrand channel and website.

Jamaica: I have lost lights and tracking them down is a bear, but not impossible. When I get back to this, I will likely snip most of the rat's nest out of there and simplify. I suppose that's one good notion about having a plan before you start rather than hodge podging it as you go, as I do.

Otw, there is nothing to report on my build. I've checked in randomly to see how other folks are doing and the effort and dedication blows me away. You all make me wanna get another kit and mod the crud out of it. Especially you, Beatlepaul! Whereas the shake-fist-at-sky smily face??? ;)

Latest posts

Back