Modeling the Movies Group Build

I'm in - one Moebius Viper MkII on it's way from Amazon, now to finsh off Badgredals lighting series :)

If you only use white or blue LED's. You can power them with two AA batteries with no need of resistors.

WHY am I not getting updates?? I guess I don't visit often enough?? Anyway, JUST found the new winter group build. I'm in. Just need to figure out whaaaat.

OK...update. I'll be moving the KBoP and Hammerhead threads over here, but I also have another 1/2256 MC-80 in the works I need to finish by the years end. So yeah.

Kane856 said:
Been a little burnt out with 40k stuff lately and after watching a lot of Badgrendals videos I've decided to have a crack at a model with some lighting effects - quite drawn towards the BSG Viper but which do you think is best the Revell or Moebius kit?

there the same kit
the reimagined mark 2 and 7 vipers by moebius where basicly reboxed by revell

nicholassagan said:
and revell charges $10 more per kit...

Not really... If you're in Europe, Revell's kits are way cheaper (no import), but in the US, it's the other way around...

Still, Revell does rework and improve upon the decals, but for the Mk II, Moebius has included a resin Pilot whereas in the Revell kit, is the styrene one only...

Tank said:
For the folks with aviation kits in their stash just pick one and look it up.
http://impdb.org/index.php?title=Category:Aircraft_List

For something similar but for cars.

http://www.imcdb.org/

HTH

All depends on which mark of Viper he's looking at.
If he's doing the TOS Viper, then the new Moebius is the way to go. That's what I was referring to when I made the suggestion

Yep - liked the look of the Mk VII but went for the MkII because of the colour scheme - didn't think I could do the quite plain VII justice

The kit arrived today and narrowly avoided being snaffled by my oldest boy - think I might pick up another kit and try a mini group build within this group build lol :D

Blimey went on Amazon and found the Revel version of the kit priced at £12.74 incl P&P versus the £31.29 incl P&P I paid for the Moebius version - couldn't resist that :eek:

Fingers crossed it arrives for his birthday at the weekend ;D

I have been out of the loop for a while and just found Grendels and Adam's video on this one.
Count me in, especially as I have just had a couple of kits arrive at work to be picked up tonight that will fit this theme perfectly. Now I just have to decide, at the moment they are in order of what id like to build.
ban992082_0.jpg
drak38334_0.jpg
18GAO07_Thunderbird-2-&-4-Aoshima.jpg

Sorry to dissappoint but the Nightingale got he nod after I ran out of space for its massive box.
Especially after stashing Igor who has a box 1 and a half tomes bigger than any of the other iron Man/avengers kit boxes I have. He is massive.
Not sure where the nightingale will go when built but I'll worry about that later. Build log up this weekend I hope

Okay guys!Tell me what should it be?
Ironman bust,Dutch Schaefer bust from predator I,Bane(54mm) or the Oddball(from Kellys Heroes) bust?
15550149045_0c8e71f15a_b.jpg

Sorry John already started the Ironman.Maybe if i am quick enough i will do Dutch too :)!Soon i will post pictures about the Ironman and my first fail in that project :) !

Initial impressions comparing the Moebius kit to the Revel version favour the Revel - the moebius kit isn't as clean a mould as the Revel but there's not THAT much in it. However when offering the hull sections up the Moebius definately doesn't line up as well as the Revell, when you match the nose up nicely there's a noticeable "step" at the rear end whereas the Revel kit matches up very well, whether this is caused by the additional registration pins on the Revel kit keeping things lined up versus my shaky old hands and elastic bands keeping the Moebius version together or poorer manufacture is another question - neither of these factors are huge until you take the cost differential into account and even then you aren't talking about vast sums of money.

When it comes down to it we're both enjoying building both models and that's what counts :)

Latest posts

Back