Modeling the Movies Group Build

This is my entry guys a VOTOMS St Tortoise heavy armoured trooper 1/35 scale. I built one of this range before and really enjoyed it as my imagination could run wild. It also leaves plenty of scope for adding details and i think i might add some upgrades too.

Happy modelling!

Leighbo - This is one cool looking robot :)

I decided on building this:
http://www.scalemodeladdict.com/SMF/index.php?topic=3730.0

Cool figure Biskup, looks like there's some intricate painting to be done. Look forward to this one!

Hey guys, please feel free to start your own build threads or post in here. Whatever is easier for you guys.

This is my video entry. I'll start a thread with some pics this week-end... ;)

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXbQcUnzLdU&feature=autoshare[/youtube]

Hi guys ,
just joined and better introduce myself first ...... my names Steve aka Strokemondeo , I have been re introduced to modeling after watching some of you guys on youtube and what things are being done to take your models to another level ..... eg LED lighting and Air brushing ect .
I used to model when I was about 5 onwards to my teens but I'm 45 now so a little out of touch with modern methord's , but I can adapt anything ..... I think ;)
I built some Helicopters up for a forum I used to run ....Airwolf.ORG .... you guessed it .... all were Airwolf related from the show .
Anyway ....... I saw the entry for the fall build on badgrendles youtube channel and though ...... I'm in !
I have left it a little late .... but I do have a few idea's in mind so far .
I already have all the versions of Airwolf in my collection ( ERTLE .. AOSHIMA .. AMT .. KITECH ) but I've been itchin to build the Aoshima for a while , it comes with an extra clear shell so you can see the computer compartment inside if you wish to build it that way . I would love to do this but also run LED's and interior lighting so don't want to rush that build for the deadline ..... SO ....I have toyed with 2 other idea's to do with the big screen theme ......
Terminator 2 Aerial Hunter Killer 1:32 Scale by Pegasus ....with maybe a little lighting ;)
-Killer-132-Scale-Model-Kit-15541648-5_zps44195df2.jpg

or ..... the God Pheonix from Battle of the planets ( Gatchaman ) scratch build
Phoenix_F_1_ORBIT_by_bink5501_zpsb2c20937.jpg

I am waiting for 2 face hugger kits coming from hong kong ... but I see scifimodeler has already started his face huggers
Anyway ....... a big HI from me ....count me in ....as soon as I start on one ... I will update and post away ;D

Welcome aboard Steve, nice to see another Brit on the site!

There's always plenty of people willing to share advice on SMA so don't be afraid to ask and good luck with the build whichever one you choose

Thank you very much mate ,that's the atmosphere I was hoping for here .

I'm planning a visit to another model shop tomorrow to see if there are any other idea's for this build ..... I think I'll end up getting the Aerial Hunter Killer anyway ... my youngest son said he wants it for his bedroom after I build one . I might throw together a few entries at this rate ... ha ha

There actually was a model kit of the phoenix. But it is very rare, and if you do find one, expensive. I have only seen it once....

Looking forward to a hunter killer build.

I thought long and hard about what to build, and then I had an epiphany...

Straight from your 1993 living room is the Monogram seaQuest DSV 4600 submarine!

seaquest.jpg

I managed to pick this big fella up for a nice price from eBay, still in its plastic no less. I used to absolutely love this show and it's a big part of what got me hooked on science fiction!

Been a little burnt out with 40k stuff lately and after watching a lot of Badgrendals videos I've decided to have a crack at a model with some lighting effects - quite drawn towards the BSG Viper but which do you think is best the Revell or Moebius kit?

JohnSimmons said:
Great stuff! And nice vid mate ;) I'm torn between these two and need some people to decide for me!
0CFD59A9-CDCC-424B-B661-9AE749E5944C_zpsdc7skoml.jpg The Sherman is the one used in the new film Fury....

DeLorean all the way for me .......

Kane856 said:
Been a little burnt out with 40k stuff lately and after watching a lot of Badgrendals videos I've decided to have a crack at a model with some lighting effects - quite drawn towards the BSG Viper but which do you think is best the Revell or Moebius kit?
Go with the Moebius kit, all the way

Quaralane is the local expert on BSG model kits, I would follow his lead.

Lighting it should be fairly easy.

JohnSimmons:

Delorean all the way!!!

Latest posts

Back