merseajohn's Rebel Blockade Runner

Going great guns MJ

Can't wait to see you getting some paint on it, you might need a few gallons looking at the size of the ship!

After the Falcon, this is my other top Star Wars craft, I can't wait to see how you turn her out John.

I really would love FineMolds would produce this ship, it's not that it only appears in Star Wars (ANH), but it does feature a good bit in ROTS

J

Wow! That thing is packing a sheer myriad of details!

I can't wait to see some paint on this! ;D

Thanks for all the comments guys,
Leighbo said:
Going great guns MJ

Can't wait to see you getting some paint on it, you might need a few gallons looking at the size of the ship!
Yeah I think your right and I'm going to be using Humbrol enamel paint that come in little pots!
Jaitea said:
After the Falcon, this is my other top Star Wars craft, I can't wait to see how you turn her out John.

I really would love FineMolds would produce this ship, it's not that it only appears in Star Wars (ANH), but it does feature a good bit in ROTS

J
I think FM should defo bring this out as a kit, and remember its in ROTJ too ;)
Quaralane said:
Definitely looking good.
My poor Sol's got her work cut out against this beast
I think we have a lot of compition Q, Sci Fi is huge this year, 3 Slave 1's allready!!
Ok just started planning, cleaning, washing etc the engines and trying to figure out the wiring for the lights. There will be a lot of drilling to do :-\ I've just spent half an hour filling my man cave with resin dust :-X But its doable, even if there are 11 engines to do and I've only done 2 holes that arnt yet big enough. This is the area that I'll need to really stay on track, you can feel yourself running out of steam when you start doing repetative hard/annoying parts of the build. Right time to stick A New Hope on in HD on the big screen for some inspiration me thinks. 8)
IMG_2049.jpg

Keep at it. Remember, the armor guys are stuck dealing with anywhere from 4 to 30 wheels (and the suspension to go along with it) on some builds! Patience, and the old rule "measure twice and cut once". I wouldn't want to see this thing of beauty get any errant scuffs or holes on her. You do stunning work, merseajohn!

Cheers for the encouragement guys,
A little update for you, Ive been messin about for about an hour now trying to get these %&$£"*&!! wires through there holes. I've done one side now Ive got to do the other (And 4 straight holes) I just wanna sling some paint on this thing and crack the AK Stuff out lol
Anyway a pic :p :
IMG_2050.jpg
Well thats it for this evening I've allready inhaled to much resin and got it all over my clothes, also managed to pop 2 lights running off the the same extension cable! Going well so far lol ::)
MJ

merseajohn said:
I've allready inhaled to much resin ...

oy! Please wear a dust mask or wet sand or something eh?

You need to be around to build those FM kits mate.

;D

I thought I had patience mj, keep on going mate, can't wait to see it lit up and painted!

Great progress so far buddy ;D

I also can't wait to see this lit up & painted 8)

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm Primer ;D

Gag

Excellent work on those little wiring holes. She looks great thus far John.

MJ,

Sorry Brotha' .. I'm just gettin back on this. WoW ! Rock it. Great save on th Pipe for reinforcement !! Beautiful detail .... I can't wait to see you attack it with weathering etc. !!

Plus your gonna light th engines .... ;D Rock-on !!

Latest posts

Back