merseajohn's Rebel Blockade Runner

Man that is sweet, and one heck of a challenge it seems (pun alert).

Good luck!

Ha ha thanks again guys, no pressure lol! It's going to be the original version seen in star wars and it's going to have lights ;D I think I might have to replace all guns and most of the piping with brass aswell. Not sure what I'm doing with the base though...it comes with a very nice plaque that would be a shame to waste....

Ok small update time. Found a pipe at work that fits the inside diameter perfectly, it's just a length of 28mm waste pipe (Not used though :p). This is the perfect thing to use for rigidness (if that is a word), the parts slide on and off perfectly:
IMG_2016.jpg
IMG_2018.jpg
IMG_2019.jpg
And found a great place for the battery to live! It's actually like it was designed to be there lol.
IMG_2020.jpg
IMG_2014.jpg
And one for scale (its ganna grow longer aswell..... :eek:) ;D
IMG_2024.jpg
I've just started looking at all the engines.....daunting is an understatement :-\

Wow dude! I think Jimi even used that pipe during casting...hmmm. And Pendragon has a decent tutorial on engine alignment somewhere over on SSM...

Yeah I've tried to find that thread but I cant see it anywhere?? It used to be a sticky didnt it? I'll try a bit harder me thinks :)

Great Find !! that pipe saved you a lot of work !!!

The ship is superb ... too bad its 350$ way outside my limit.... sigh !

This is my favourite Star wars ship together with the Snow speeder, not sure why, i just love the fact that its all engines i think, also it was never really avaliable in a 'regular' kit form like the x-wing, Tie fighters, Star Destroyer, Falcon were, it was always kind of elusive to the regular builder. I always wanted one. ;D
Have never seen this version before & their out of stock at SSM + i can't afford it at the mo. :'(
The only other resin version i've seen is the Randy Cooper one but thats more expensive, so i guess i will just have to watch and enjoy your build until i get my Bank robbing buisness off the ground? 8)

Looking forward to lots of updates & thanks for sharing buddy & good luck ;D

Gag

Thanks for looking guys, another update. Spent an hour or so on it tonight and made some progress. Started by gluing the bridge to the first 'stem?'of the ship using 5 min 2 part epoxy:
IMG_2030.jpg
Next up some filling using Vallejo plastic putty (great stuff):
IMG_2027.jpg
I used a dampend cotton bud to smooth out the filler:
IMG_2029.jpg
Added the top guns, sides, and middle gun plate.
IMG_2034.jpg
This is how it looks at the mo still need to go back in and add some more filler etc. :)

I love the subject! That thing has to be heavy. Wear a a mask when using those power tools, that resin dust is TOXIC.

Looks like you've got the beast well under control.
Going to look sharp with those engines lit

Latest posts

Back