Mercury 9

Mission control..... AWESOME!
Are you going to post a vid on this build soon?
I have seen the OOB review.
8)

Yes I will. I have been posted the last of the Dessloks videos just to get her done. I only have two more of those.

Up next is a video on this one or the Super Zinger. I need to see what I have the most footage of.

Great work getting those windows squared. The lighting plan sounds great! Can't wait to see it.

schweinhund227 said:
Nice going John !!! Man this Dio is going to be Huge.... you have to Crop it down .... LOL !

later dude !

I still haven't planned out the size of it. I am saving that for this weekend. I am on schedule to have the ship all done by Friday!!! All the electronics are done and going though the burn in stage to make sure I won't have any burnouts after she is put together.

24 hours is the rule! So far they have been on for 15 hours. No problems with it so far.

Here is a lighting test:

Lighting test for the mercury 9

Good work John, sorry about your allergies.
They are very bad this year. Even up here in the PNW.
A co-worker had a pretty bad attack yesterday.
ANYWHOO, The lighting looks good!

ModelMakerMike said:
Good work John, sorry about your allergies.
They are very bad this year. Even up here in the PNW.
A co-worker had a pretty bad attack yesterday.
ANYWHOO, The lighting looks good!

Thanks Mike, yeah the allergies are bad, and it is horrible timing. Next week at work is anywhere from 8 to 15 hour days for 10 days. No days off the whole time. I really don't need the allergies to be bad right now....

Thank you all for the comments on the lights. Got them installed tonight. Just a bit more work and I can button up the first stage hull. Once that is done: Seam filling!

Its always so great to see the master of lighting at work, and the result of this work.
That is some awesome lighting for the bussard-collector-looking-like things on the rocket's engines, going to look great when installed!

Here is a new update:

Mercury 9 part 2: Engine lights

I am really busy with the wedding on Saturday, the honeymoon the following week, and working on buying a house. And yet, work is progressing. If everything goes as scheduled, I will get this one finished on time.

But I really have little time to view the contest threads, so if I am not leaving comments, please understand. I will have time to catch up in June.

No Excuses !!! Please !

Enjoy life and I wish you all a Great Wedding celebration and party !!!

Models comes way after all that ! you know you will get a model in the Wedding gifts !!!
You know that ...! don't you ?

Any SMA Modelers coming to the wedding ? LOL
just asking cuz you mentioned it in one of your Video!!

once again.... all the best to you all !

Nice vid John, good call on the plugs aswell. I also liked your music, dont get offended but it reminded me of shopping store music at christmas, dont get me wrong I liked it! ;)

A lot of work going to go into those lights, John. But you're the man to pull it off.

Have a great day on Saturday John ;D

I wish you all the happiness for the future

Do you have a pre-nup regarding your stash ;D ;D ;D LOL

The Nylon Gag

Looks really cool man can't wait for more.
BTW. Great prizes you've brought for the contest :)

Latest posts

Back