Solander's Z-95 Headhunter variant

Solander

Hi, guys!

Here is my new recently finished model.
It is a Z-95 Headhunter variant.
I have grabbed inspiration for this build from several sources:

- the Z-95 look from the Clone Wars series, which I, to tell you the truth, prefer more rather then the original design, due to the fact that it now looks way more like a logical middlestep between Incom's ARC-170 and X-Wing designs from the engineering point of view.

Z95headhunter_detail.png

- this amazing fan-art also based on the clone wars z-95 design

Z_95_Green_Squadron_by_Brandx0.jpg

- and also the outstanding Scott Girvan's 1/32 AMT X-Wing build for the superb painting sceme of Corran Horn's CorSec-green starfighter (I highly encourage you to take a look at more of it's photos here, as it is really a five stars work: http://www.keeperoftheforce.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=140 )

My model had been build from the JPG 1/72 classic Z-95 resin kit, that I have heavily moddified with the parts taken from Revell's ARC-170 and X-Wing fighters, plus lots of different scratch for the Star Wars-ish "guts_on_the_outside" looks.
I've also cut the main resin body of the fighter in halves and hollowed it to provide lighting for the cockpit and the engines (and I should say that was hell, guys - although this little budy is not so big, I was covered with resin dust from the head till the tips of my lower fingers, white like a ghost - no way I'm going to take on something like that once again :mrgreen: )

And here is what I've got in the end:

X4tNsbjurCs.jpg

sYlfBdaUaLo.jpg

JxFG30m3yJs.jpg

YmSc-t7bRW4.jpg

1P8CpuriGBg.jpg

o5ulWyf_z-I.jpg

CIh_Hyq4LNc.jpg

KRq9FHVMmdU.jpg

n15OtUmfVEs.jpg

73_KB5mpSMk.jpg

Qpcox_D3xVo.jpg

lIgDDdNGukU.jpg

_mNpYPc1Gqg.jpg

gEKz1uIspNE.jpg

iP8kKmX8Z14.jpg

_dnrKzV4BJE.jpg

BlrAxVaZPxA.jpg

p5O3NPHVpAc.jpg

Thanks for watching!

That came out looking very nice! Impressive lighting for something that small. What is that about 6" long?

Thank you so much guys, for the great kind comments. Appreciate your feedback a lot!

Hagoth said:
That came out looking very nice! Impressive lighting for something that small. What is that about 6" long?

Just measured it. It is exactly 6'' if counting only the resin fuselage without the engine ends - they extend a bit in the back. But, as I've mentioned, the main trouble except it's dimensions was that the fuselage is a solid resin uni-part. So not purposed for lighting at all, and cutting it and making hollow was one hell of a ride :)

Sol Baby,

Dude :eek:

This thing is perfectly proportioned mate, it has a really nice balance

And the paint is excellent my friend

Great work

Gag

Latest posts

Back