Mercury 9

schweinhund227 said:
No Excuses !!! Please !

Enjoy life and I wish you all a Great Wedding celebration and party !!!

Models comes way after all that ! you know you will get a model in the Wedding gifts !!!
You know that ...! don't you ?

Any SMA Modelers coming to the wedding ? LOL
just asking cuz you mentioned it in one of your Video!!

once again.... all the best to you all !

Norm: As far as I know no one from SMA is coming to the wedding. I am going to enjoy life after the wedding. There is just too much to do otherwise. We did schedule it during a three week vacation for me, so fortunately I have time to take care of things. I do get about an hour of build time a day. So progress is being made.

Bizarre said:
just watched your video with prizes announcement - liked it a lot and subscribed :)

Thank you, got the notice yesterday.

merseajohn said:
Nice vid John, good call on the plugs aswell. I also liked your music, dont get offended but it reminded me of shopping store music at christmas, dont get me wrong I liked it! ;)

No worries, Nelly picked the music on this one. Glad you liked it!

Quaralane said:
A lot of work going to go into those lights, John. But you're the man to pull it off.

Thanks Patrick

The Nylon Gag said:
Have a great day on Saturday John ;D

I wish you all the happiness for the future

Do you have a pre-nup regarding your stash ;D ;D ;D LOL

The Nylon Gag

Thanks, and no I didn't get one. She has been eyeing my model of Neuschwanstein Castle so I suspect one day I will come home to it half way done.

Biskup said:
Looks really cool man can't wait for more.
BTW. Great prizes you've brought for the contest :)

Thanks! I spent most of a year bargain hunting for those. Glad you like them.

John, let me wish you and Nelly all the best and have a great day on Saturday. Lang may yer lum reek! :) To save you googling, that means, may you live long with your chimney always smoking (indicating a prosperous and happy household). :)

The lighting is coming along well. I'm really looking forward to seeing it all in place. :)

Yes John, good work.
She is coming along nicely. :)
And again, congratulations on your joyous day!
I would be there if I didn't live so far away, and I wasn't poor. :)

Igard said:
John, let me wish you and Nelly all the best and have a great day on Saturday. Lang may yer lum reek! :) To save you googling, that means, may you live long with your chimney always smoking (indicating a prosperous and happy household). :)

The lighting is coming along well. I'm really looking forward to seeing it all in place. :)

Thank you for the warm wishes!

ModelMakerMike said:
Yes John, good work.
She is coming along nicely. :)
And again, congratulations on your joyous day!
I would be there if I didn't live so far away, and I wasn't poor. :)

Thanks Mike! There will be video on YouTube when we get back from the Honeymoon.

Ah I needed my Grendels video fix!

Nice job. I need to get some of those 4060's. I feel like the 555 was too much trouble. I'd definately add alot more blinkers to my lighting if I had some of those.

So looking forward to seeing this all together! 8)

Ah yes... the Grendels studios is turning out more great entertainment!
YAY!
Glad to have ya back!
I am very anxious to see her all together....and since it is a SHIP, it's totally appropriate to refer to it as a her. ;)
;D

Thank you Igard and MMM. The 4060's are easier to work with than the 555. No resistors for the LED's and it is a really basic circuit.

Here is the next update, it is a bit painful. I did this part right after finals, when I had spent 10 days working 10 to 12 hours each day. I was a bit wiped out.

In addition, the tip of the solder iron was far too large for what I was doing. I ended up buying a new solder iron for the rest of this project so I do not have the issues shown in the video.

I went ahead and posted this video. It shows a lot of what not to do. You can see how to do it right if you take a look at my lighting tutorials.

Mercury 9 part 4: Soldering.....

Thanks Mike!

Here is a sneak peek as to where I am with her:

2012-06-01.jpg

I have been a busy boy these last few days.

Yay!!!!
She is a beautiful design, and no kidding you've been busy!
Looking even more great-er. :)
lol

Looks very majestic sitting there. Can't wait to see her with some paint! And lights!!

First of all, its great to have You and your awesome videos back, G!
And
Even after years since this kit was released, still I can't help admiring the work of the designers who had created it.
It just looks some... out_of_any_means_to_measure_awesome!
Will be waiting for your next updates with a great anticipation, buddy ;)

Solander said:
First of all, its great to have You and your awesome videos back, G!
And
Even after years since this kit was released, still I can't help admiring the work of the designers who had created it.
It just looks some... out_of_any_means_to_measure_awesome!
Will be waiting for your next updates with a great anticipation, buddy ;)

This kit wasn't released all that long ago....was it? I am thinking maybe a year...two at most? :/
It is a really kewl design, and am looking forward to Grendel's version!

Well, yes, I've taken too much speaking about "years" - if I'm not mistaken, it was released last summer, so about a year has passed since then.
I think that one of the coolest things about this kit, is that it is not linked with any specific movie or book, or show e.t.c., so each one building this kit makes his own unique vision, and watching every of this kit's builds is always extremely interesting.

Almost there, Almost there....
Stay on target. Stay on target....

Definitely coming along, John

Thanks all!

I am pretty sure this kit came out last year. And one of the things that attracted me to it was the fact that it was not related to any book, film, or comic. I am free to do what I want, and I am going to take it where I think it should go. At 1/350 scale this thing is huge!

I have most of my problems solved with the command center. Paint should be hitting both it and the Mercury 9 sometime this week. The display base is almost done, so then I can get to setting out the ambient lighting and those tiny little helicopters and trucks.

I am also doing quite a bit of experimenting on this one. You will see that in future updates.

Again, sorry I am not here much. Life is in the way. Trying to sell the house and buy a new one while building is quite the experience!

Grendels said:
Again, sorry I am not here much. Life is in the way. Trying to sell the house and buy a new one while building is quite the experience!

No need to apologise John. I'm amazed you're finding so much time for us. Good luck with the house hunt. :)

Also, looking forward to seeing the results of your experiments!

Back