Mercury 9

Coming along nicely!
HEY, at the end of the video, you said that there was something that you wanted to show us, and you'd be back in a bit, BUT then the video ended. :'( :'( :'( :'(

Ken Abrams said:
This thing is pretty epic like most of your contest entries and each year you seem to out do yourself. 8)

Thanks Ken, but I don't know about this years entry with the Honda. It is nothing like this. I just don't have the time for it this year. Wife, child and the dates for the contest conflict really bad with work, so I couldn't get quite as ambitious. I haven't touched it in two weeks due to work....

ModelMakerMike said:
Coming along nicely!
HEY, at the end of the video, you said that there was something that you wanted to show us, and you'd be back in a bit, BUT then the video ended. :'( :'( :'( :'(

I know, I know, you will just have to wait a bit... Not long though, I will have two or three updates a week for a while.

ModelMakerMike said:
Nothing too serious, John....I was just givin' ya a hard time. ;)

No worries, I am just very tired from all the work I have done in the last two weeks. My sense of humor is still asleep and won't wake up for a few days yet.....

What i really like about this is it looks like a mini movie set form a godzilla film or something similar.

Thanks Java, it is is scale with my last diorama for Godzilla. So maybe a photo with the Big G is called for....

This is lookin real nice G, 8). I know what it's like to play with tiny dio's lol

Grendels said:
.........I just don't have the time for it this year. Wife, child and the dates for the contest conflict really bad with work, so I couldn't get quite as ambitious. I haven't touched it in two weeks due to work....

Well to me you seem to be making great progress, this is a great project, love the lighting

You must never sleep :)

J

JohnSimmons said:
This is lookin real nice G, 8). I know what it's like to play with tiny dio's lol

Watch out, they can be addictive.....

Jaitea said:
Grendels said:
.........I just don't have the time for it this year. Wife, child and the dates for the contest conflict really bad with work, so I couldn't get quite as ambitious. I haven't touched it in two weeks due to work....

Well to me you seem to be making great progress, this is a great project, love the lighting

You must never sleep :)

J

It feels that way at times, but right now I don't have to work until June, so I will get a lot done. I am very close to mounting the Mercury 9 to the base. After that, it is just the tiny details that will be left.

Everything looks so sharply well done, the lighting looks spot on G (especially the spotlights)

Love the moving propellors too

J

John, that is looking soopah!
You are correct, Sir!
That spotlight was a showstopper for me....Not sure why, it just looked great, and the streetlights really add a lot.
I like it a lot....the whole thing! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Thanks all, I am about to go upstairs and work on it a bit. The ground work is almost done. I also have one building left to attach to the base. That should be done today.

Just a few photos to keep you going until the next update. Godzilla is to scale with the rest of it:

IMG_1357.jpg
IMG_1358.JPG
IMG_1359.JPG
IMG_1360.JPG
IMG_1361.JPG

Man, oh man...!!
I've just posted in the contest chatter that at last it is going to happen that we are competing in the BSC in the same category against each-other,
and now I am looking at this magnificently looking ground-work and nervously swallowing...
;D ;D
Man, this is ABSOLUTELY OUTSTANDING!!
Insane project. In a good way. Brilliant, and absolutely, hugely insane! :)

Latest posts

Back