Mercury 9

Yep, I only have the tiny little people to paint and place on the diorama. Oh and to touch up a little bit of the paint. Not much at all.

I saw this kit at my local hobby shop today, it's a beaut! You've done a really cool job on it, especially with the full diorama.

Still enjoying the buildup,i have always liked dios like this and this one rocks!. 8)

That Unicorn Gundam is gonna be a monster!! I'm sure you've already got plans to light it too! I really need to get back into Gundam building... I used to love making those bots. I remember I had the Battletech Factory kit... that was a monster... 1000 pieces complete with all the gangways and loading bays... was truly a beast... never did get to finish it before it got lost in Hurricane Hugo. I think I had gotten 1 section of it done before then. Anyway, I know you're gonna have fun with that one when you are done with these two. So many kits... so little time! :)

Cave_Dweller said:
I saw this kit at my local hobby shop today, it's a beaut! You've done a really cool job on it, especially with the full diorama.

Thanks! I will put the finishing touches on it today.

java said:
Still enjoying the buildup,i have always liked dios like this and this one rocks!. 8)

Thank you. It will be strange to have this one done...

LrdSatyr8 said:
That Unicorn Gundam is gonna be a monster!! I'm sure you've already got plans to light it too! I really need to get back into Gundam building... I used to love making those bots. I remember I had the Battletech Factory kit... that was a monster... 1000 pieces complete with all the gangways and loading bays... was truly a beast... never did get to finish it before it got lost in Hurricane Hugo. I think I had gotten 1 section of it done before then. Anyway, I know you're gonna have fun with that one when you are done with these two. So many kits... so little time! :)

I don't know if I will light it. If so, it will be the hardest lighting job I will ever do....

Grendels said:
LrdSatyr8 said:
That Unicorn Gundam is gonna be a monster!! I'm sure you've already got plans to light it too!

I don't know if I will light it. If so, it will be the hardest lighting job I will ever do....
Yeah but it would forever go down in history as the one model that you conquered and if you don't do it you know you're gonna regret it later... as it sits on the shelf, all completed, with no lights... you'll be looking up at it and saying to yourself "I really wish I had put some lights in that when I was building it" ;D

John... I just gotta say the Mercury 9 dio looks amazing. You do some awesome work my friend and your attention to detail is bar none... but I gotta ask... why don't the car headlights work? LMAO! Sorry... couldn't resist... I wouldn't do it either after seeing underneath that thing!

That's an amazing build ! COngratulations ! :)

The vegetation, the little people, the "ambiance" that brings the lights on, all in all, a perfect diorama !

BRavo !

YOULI said:
That's an amazing build ! COngratulations ! :)

The vegetation, the little people, the "ambiance" that brings the lights on, all in all, a perfect diorama !

BRavo !
Second this one.
My son's comment on seeing the "teaser" was something to the effect of:
"If I didn't know better, I'd say we were watching a flyover of a real base"

Oh, and he wants to know where you keep the shrink ray.

Me, I think the replacement of the helo for an Osprey was a nice touch

Thank Patrick.

LOL! I don't have a shrink ray, but just an uptight and anal approach to this model.

I think the Osprey was a good sub too. I will get some good photos up on this one later. I need to take it outside to get some good ones.

John, I've been looking through the final entries, and I'm sure it is needless to say I've been quite excited pushing the button to open this build of yours,
But when I did.....
:eek: :eek: :eek:WHOOOOOOAAAAWWWWW!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:
This has overcome all of my expectations!
I absolutely speechless now to tell anything more constructive,
but, man, this is absolutely
OUTSTANDING!!!!!!
P.S.: AND I'd second what Q had said:the Osprey looks definitely in place and it was a nice choice.

Thanks Solander! The Osprey does look much better there, and the sea stallion was not done well enough to include it on the diorama.

Latest posts

Back