Mercury 9

OMG, G!
:eek: :eek: :eek:
This is insane!
Man!
This looks totally awesome already from what I see in the vids.
When complete...
I don't know... Have You seen the videos from a scale-world museum in Germany? They have a huge scale airport - everything functioning and lit, controlled via 3 independent computer cores. My jaw still hits the floor each time I remember this thing.
And here... Buddy, when You're done with this, it can be included to their exposition no questions - the quality level is no doubt on the level in this dio.
I know very well, that such HUGE projects are a great challenge to complete - smaller ones always distract with the possibility of gaining the faster result. Keep it up with this one, it will be 100% worth all the time and effort You put into it. Hell, even on level of accomplishment You showed in this last video it already is!
Brilliant idea and realization, John, simply brilliant.
Thumbs up! ;)
P.S: Just curious: where do You keep this monster in between working on it?)))

John, I'm just looking forward to seeing the finished product.

You got SOOOOOOOO close, too. :(

Solander:

Thank you for the very nice comment. Yes I have seen the videos on that scale model museum in Germany. It is on my wish list to visit that place in the future.

I keep it on top of a book shelf in my hobby room. The cats don't bother it there, and it is safe. The Mercury 9 herself is not attached to the base so it is pretty easy to move around for now. I just figured out how I want to attach it to the base today.

Since the contest is over, I now have the time to do the things to this I wanted to. Like signs you would see on any road, and other such details. None of which is hard, nor very time consuming, but help to sell the scene....

Thanks Patrick, so am I, so am I. I want it done by the end of February, but don't know if I can do so.

I always enjoy the vids on this project John. She's gonna be a beauty. I don't know if this has been mentioned but I say finish this baby and enter her in the all open class. Just sayin. ;)

CTspeedshop said:
I always enjoy the vids on this project John. She's gonna be a beauty. I don't know if this has been mentioned but I say finish this baby and enter her in the all open class. Just sayin. ;)

That is in the plans. I think I can finish this with about 15 hours more work.

It is the way of life. But I am still at this one, and want to get it into the All open category.

Heya Grendels! Wow! I'm really awestruck at how much this dio contains. You've really put the utmost amount of effort into this. Fantastic! Love those vehicles by the way! :)

Great to hear that you're able to put it in the contest this year! Can't wait to see more. :)

I'm an inpatient soul - just watched your new update on this over at YouTube ;D
If few spoilers are aloud, I'd say it is brilliant as always - great work have You done with all the lighting, all the chase lights, all the "street-lighting" - they are absolutely amazing, and the way the lighted hangar looks leaved my jaw on the floor with its realism.
Sorry to hear about the problems with the concrete, but knowing You I wouldn't worry too much + the oil paints are really capable of doing miracles in such situations, so I think tht You're going to resolve that problem in no time, like it was in the matter of lighting ;)
P.S.: I've dealt with a project related to the wind->energy sphere a little time ago, and it turns out that such fields of wind turbines do also a great deal of harm violating cruelly the wind flaws, which results in the climate crash of a pretty big deal of the nearby territory. Sad that "greens" never remember of such constant aspects of the ecology destructionwhen each time they are screaming about the dangers of nuke-energy.

Thanks Solander! I have the roads all straightened up. In fact I painted on road markings last weekend. They are a bit on the stark side. Too white and I had a bit of overspray, but I will get that squared away fast with the air brush and about 30 minutes of time.

With everything, there are positives and negatives. For wind power the positive is that once you have the initial cost done. There is little more to pay. But the negative is that they are darn ugly, and they kill thousands of birds. And like you said, they do affect the local environment. The power that they generate has to come from somewhere. It will affect the local weather pattern by taking energy out of the air.

The positive of Nuclear is that it is cheap, the cheapest form of power generation. The Negative is that if you are not careful, it can be very dangerous.

For those that are just catching up, here is the update that Solander is talking about:

Mercury 9: Part 31: Fixing things...

Looks like some work to fix up, but it's paying off, John.
Sorry you couldn't get it done in time for the local competition.

She looks to be coming along.
And I can definitely understand your frustration with the markings

Progress G!! Been a while since stopping by to check it out!! Very nice!!! Don't envy painting those little peoples!! Keep plugging away!! ;D

TRM said:
Progress G!! Been a while since stopping by to check it out!! Very nice!!! Don't envy painting those little peoples!! Keep plugging away!! ;D

Don't worry I will have her done in the next two weeks. She is getting entered in the contest in the all open category.

Quaralane said:
She looks to be coming along.
And I can definitely understand your frustration with the markings

Thanks Q, it wasn't really all that bad. Nothing like I know you have been through...

Latest posts

Back