Mercury 9

Hey, G, didn't manage to comment on every update You've posted lately, so I'm saying now about each of them:
A very nice job on here and a real pleasure to watch.
i so much want to see this project complete, especially when You're so close to finish, can't wait, budy ;D

Thanks Sol, I can't wait either. This weekend I get to work on the last bit of the lighting. Won't be long once that is done.....

Sorry I keep missing updates on this! It's looking fantastic with the different alclad colours. Really nice contrasts there. I love those 1/350 military vehicles, they're so detailed.

This will be mind blowing!

John I love your build and your vids.
The ONLY thing I will say about this spaceship....is that although I love dark metallics, I think they might actually work against this one.....Just my opinion! Please don't take offense.

That was worrying me a bit too, but I think when it all goes together it will be fine. I almost painted it up with the aluminum color. That is what they usually did back in the 50's sci fi movies.

I have some red decals I am going to use soon lets see if that improves it....

Great stuff as always John. Man, that is a lot of lights. ;D

Thanks, in real life there are a lot of lights. So I had to do just that, give it a lot of light...

Thanks, I am about to go upstairs and work on her. Some of the fibers broke when I moved to they need to be repaired.

It was, just a day before the end of the contest. Only one more like that and all the rest will be new.

I got the fibers fixed in the C-130 today!!! It was easier than I thought.

Oh, man, this is killer!
The more I watch your progress videos the more I realize how much work, patience and creativity You've put into this.
Going to be a masterpiece of the decade when finished! :)
P.S.: Although, I'd recommend You to chose a less complex subject when participating in the next year's BSC - it seems to me now, that even if You didn't have any distractions last year like marriage and moving, finishing such a grand project in 3 months equals to having no sleep nor food ;D

Solander said:
Oh, man, this is killer!
The more I watch your progress videos the more I realize how much work, patience and creativity You've put into this.
Going to be a masterpiece of the decade when finished! :)
P.S.: Although, I'd recommend You to chose a less complex subject when participating in the next year's BSC - it seems to me now, that even if You didn't have any distractions last year like marriage and moving, finishing such a grand project in 3 months equals to having no sleep nor food ;D

It isn't actually that bad. If I hadn't gotten married, and moved, I would have finished this one easily by the deadline. We will see next year, but with a family and the responsibilites that go with that, I don't think it will be this complicated, but close.

; ;)

Thanks for the vote of confidence! I should have this one wrapped up by Christmas easily...

Latest posts

Back