Mercury 9

I moved this topic because this will be entered into the all open category and it is still a bit of a work in progress. Here are a few current photos:

IMG_1212.jpg
IMG_1214.JPG
IMG_1215.JPG

I still have a bit of work to do, but it is getting there....

With as busy as you are and the move, marriage and job I'm impressed at how close to being done this is. I was expecting to wait another year to see this complete ! Great details.....like 40 different models in one massive Dio. :eek:

Thanks Q!

TBadger: I was very close to done at the end of the contest. I think I have put 15 hours into it since the end of the contest last year.

Expect an update pretty soon!

Tenacious man. Just tenacious. You are as constant as the North star. In a way I'm going to be sad that this is coming to an end. I have corrected many things many times on builds to get it right and every time I see you going at it again with a part or LED it
Kudos to you Sir.

Glorfindel said:
Tenacious man. Just tenacious. You are as constant as the North star. In a way I'm going to be sad that this is coming to an end. I have corrected many things many times on builds to get it right and every time I see you going at it again with a part or LED it
Kudos to you Sir.

Thank you. This one is to be done right or not at all. And there is an added plus, every time I make a mistake, I learn from it and my skills only improve.

java said:
Awesome sauce. :eek:

Thanks Java!

First the 2012 BSC, then the Shelf Queens GB, and finaly to the 2013 BSC. This build has definitely seen life I must admidt ;D
Great update as usual, G.
Will be waiting for the next one to see how the masked stripes turned out ;)

Solander said:
First the 2012 BSC, then the Shelf Queens GB, and finaly to the 2013 BSC. This build has definitely seen life I must admidt ;D
Great update as usual, G.
Will be waiting for the next one to see how the masked stripes turned out ;)

Thanks Solander. It will be a bit before I get back to this one. I need to get some progress done on the Honda first. For the most part. The markings came out good. I had to touch up a few spots here and there.

A smallish update I made a few 1/350 stop signs. This first photo is just for scale:

IMG_1318.JPG

Slightly out of focus, but you can see I fixed it.

IMG_1321.JPG

This thing is pretty epic like most of your contest entries and each year you seem to out do yourself. 8)

Latest posts

Back