Meng king Tiger + Interior kit

Shell racks painted and dry fitted. Half the shell's are primed and top coated, just the tips, base and band's to hand paint then I can start racking them up and fix into position .
View attachment 111135View attachment 111136View attachment 111137
So much happier with these bad boys. The Meng colour suggestion was awful. Just another 40 to clean, prime and paint.
I know that makes 72 before you comment, I didn't turn over the page so the 50 I started with is now 72. !!!!
Pantherman
20231229_110437.jpg20231229_110447.jpgScreenshot_20231228_221726_Google.jpg

Incredible detail. You do really awesome work! I am so impressed. Your shells look real. I understand your feelings on the decals. I have an F35A Lightning II coming in 1/72 from Tamiya. The Paveway bombs have 18 decals each, and the Sidewinders have 8 decals each. That sounds like fun. I am sure you can and will handle it with perfection. Just like all your builds!

Incredible detail. You do really awesome work! I am so impressed. Your shells look real. I understand your feelings on the decals. I have an F35A Lightning II coming in 1/72 from Tamiya. The Paveway bombs have 18 decals each, and the Sidewinders have 8 decals each. That sounds like fun. I am sure you can and will handle it with perfection. Just like all your builds!
Thanks for the kind comments. The last picture is what I'm trying to achieve, hope I can get somewhere near the original design. Pantherman

Thanks for the kind comments. The last picture is what I'm trying to achieve, hope I can get somewhere near the original design. Pantherman
Started getting some of the upper hull built now. Got to figure out what part's I want to be able to remove so that I get a better look at the interior, after all the work that went into it. Pantherman
20231229_224541.jpg20231229_224549.jpg20231229_224915.jpg20231229_224900.jpg20231229_225636.jpg

" Got to figure out what part's I want to be able to remove so that I get a better look at the interior, after all the work that went into it. "

That's why I was going to do a cutaway .
I figured if I was going to build and paint all that interior it should be visible .

I finally pulled it out of the pile after this latest post of yours reminded me about it .
Took 4 pix of it , not a lot to see but I'll post a couple here if you want , to see where the cut-outs are .
I only cut some from the lower hull .
The upper hull and turret are untouched .

When digging back thru row 2 of kits I saw a MENG KT box and pulled it out , opened it up and it was pristine plastic .
" Uuh , wtf ??."
lol , it's another MENG KT kit with Zimmerit I didn't even know I had .
I must have bought it at Modelmania or something . who knew .
I guess when I acquired that American heavy .

I also discovered about 300 rounds of 8.8 cm ammo ( AFV club , brass and styrene , boxes and boxes of the stuff ) for a Flak88 that's back in there somewhere , lulz

Lots of kitbashing material !

" Got to figure out what part's I want to be able to remove so that I get a better look at the interior, after all the work that went into it. "

That's why I was going to do a cutaway .
I figured if I was going to build and paint all that interior it should be visible .

I finally pulled it out of the pile after this latest post of yours reminded me about it .
Took 4 pix of it , not a lot to see but I'll post a couple here if you want , to see where the cut-outs are .
I only cut some from the lower hull .
The upper hull and turret are untouched .

When digging back thru row 2 of kits I saw a MENG KT box and pulled it out , opened it up and it was pristine plastic .
" Uuh , wtf ??."
lol , it's another MENG KT kit with Zimmerit I didn't even know I had .
I must have bought it at Modelmania or something . who knew .
I guess when I acquired that American heavy .

I also discovered about 300 rounds of 8.8 cm ammo ( AFV club , brass and styrene , boxes and boxes of the stuff ) for a Flak88 that's back in there somewhere , lulz

Lots of kitbashing material !
Would like to see the cut aways please. Pantherman

OK , you'll need to use your imagination , a lot of it ;) , to see where this was headed .
I was going to open up the bow , left center and right aft . The openings would continue up thru the upper hull and of course the turret leaving what was minimally necessary for some integrity .
The wheels and track would be cutaway where applicable .
The radiator plenums and radiators would get sliced open so I was going to build sliced radiators and all kinds of other " sliced " stuff.

npAPJpO.jpg
5bePSMO.jpg
CP8eTLZ.jpg
OfjphOP.jpg
56P4NqH.jpg

OK , you'll need to use your imagination , a lot of it ;) , to see where this was headed .
I was going to open up the bow , left center and right aft . The openings would continue up thru the upper hull and of course the turret leaving what was minimally necessary for some integrity .
The wheels and track would be cutaway where applicable .
The radiator plenums and radiators would get sliced open so I was going to build sliced radiators and all kinds of other " sliced " stuff.

npAPJpO.jpg
View attachment 111265
CP8eTLZ.jpg
OfjphOP.jpg
View attachment 111266
I like where you were heading. It's a shame not to see the finished build. Any chance I have reinspired you?
My thoughts were to fit the lower part of the outer hull and fit all the other top hull parts together so I can just lift off the top to see the interior of both top and bottom. We'll, that's the idea. Pantherman

No , :D no renewed motivation .
But ,
now I want to build some kinda waffentrager out of that other king tiger and that flak 88 in there .
Build a gun deck atop the KT hull .
Good base for a lot of figures doing waffentrager stuff , along with all those brass 88 shells
( there must be 200 bucks worth of 1/35 ammo in that pile )

The flak 88 and all that ammo was going to be for a diorama that had velociraptors in the gun crew .

No , :D no renewed motivation .
But ,
now I want to build some kinda waffentrager out of that other king tiger and that flak 88 in there .
Build a gun deck atop the KT hull .
Good base for a lot of figures doing waffentrager stuff , along with all those brass 88 shells
( there must be 200 bucks worth of 1/35 ammo in that pile )

The flak 88 and all that ammo was going to be for a diorama that had velociraptors in the gun crew .
I gotta see that. Don't wait too long to start it. Pantherman

So much happier with these bad boys. The Meng colour suggestion was awful. Just another 40 to clean, prime and paint.
I know that makes 72 before you comment, I didn't turn over the page so the 50 I started with is now 72. !!!!
Pantherman
View attachment 111180View attachment 111181View attachment 111182
So the armour piercing 88mm shells are ready for point paint and decals and the standard 88mm shells have been sanded and primed. I will be glad when this lot is done. Pantherman
20240101_094943.jpg20240101_094817.jpg

So the armour piercing 88mm shells are ready for point paint and decals and the standard 88mm shells have been sanded and primed. I will be glad when this lot is done. Pantherman
View attachment 111341View attachment 111342
So 2 racks of armour piercing shell's done. Seem to have lost one of the decals so need to replace that, finish the standard shell's, fit the rest of the racks and matt coat the lot. Still lot's of hours on this before I get to build the outer parts properly, so far I have just been doing the odd part's while the paint set's. Pantherman
20240101_210240.jpg20240101_210307.jpg

Latest posts

Back